GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 03 silverado BFG mud terrains

I took my truck in the other day to get my tires rotated and ballenced because the front ones started to get an uneven wear on them, the guy at the shop said it was just from pulling a trailer and stuff(which i do twice a week) and not rotating the tires. I have only had my new tires for about 5000 miles. Then when i came back to pick the truck up he told me my upper ball joints were bad and so were my actuaters or idols or something like that. he said it had to do we me rolling 100,000 miles on my truck. i was woundering if anyone had the same problems or might know something about it so i could look into getting it fixed?
    03 Silverado LS 2wd ext. cab
    Rockford Fosgate 12" shallow mount w/1200 watt amp
    Cobra CB radio and PA w/whip ant.
    10 strobe lights
    15% tint

Blog Entries

Ball joints could definitely be bad after 100,000 miles and will cause uneven tire wear. Just replaced the one on my passenger side and will be doing the drivers side soon as well. Not cheap, but neither are tires. Not sure what he means by actuators or idols, but I'm not too familiar with suspension stuff. If you trust the shop, I would have them replace those ball joints.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."