GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Check out this bad boy

So I work at a rich private school in La Jolla (San Diego) CA. Seeing nice cars is a given. the kids drive Range Rovers, G55, S550, beamers etc. The parents come in nicer cars. I have seen them in Masarattis, ferraris, Teslas, Bentleys, etc. One day I saw a DB9 in the Senior parking lot walked up to the main lot and saw another DB9. Well yesterday and today I saw a new one, a Morgan Designs Car (from what I can tell it is the Aero Supersports).
    Here are some pics. Base price with no options added is 126,900 pounds or $199,753 then you still have to get it here and all of that, since it is a british built vehicle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Morgan 11.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	35238Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Morgan 21.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	35239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Morgan 31.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	35240
    This is a little info on the car from the Morgancarnews website

"it is the limited production run Aero SuperSports: powered by a 4.8 BMW V8, with 362bhp and 370lb ft of torque, the light weight aluminium chassis and body, (total vehicle weight 1,175 kg), allow this sports car to sprint from rest to 62 mph in 4.5 seconds."

http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/mmc/ca.../ssmorgan.html
    Last edited by dsfloyd; 02-25-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Those are neat cars, but not very practical.
    A customer of mine owns the same model and he also owns a late 60's Plus 8 model. Ive ridden in the Plus 8, it isnt very comfortable and he tells me the AeroSupersports isnt much better in the comfort department.
    All the same neat little cars.
    The Brits do know how to make little cars that feel like your wearing them instead of driving them though.

Blog Entries

I'll take the money before the $200,000 car purchase !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I could pay off some Bills with that $$$$ Not my cup of tea...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Neat car but I still perfer my lifted truck anyday of the week.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

I definately could find better use of $200k and love my truck. Just get a kick out of some of the cars the parents drive and some of the cars they give their kids to drive. Last year one kid drove either an H1 to school or a decked out lifted jeep rubicon every day to school.

Blog Entries

If I had an extra 200K lying around, I would have one of those.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

It is an interesting looking car. I am pretty sure I could find a better use of $200k.

I wonder if it cost more than that though since it's a left-hand drive. Cool looking car. Nice to see how the other half lives.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

But it's crosseyeded.