GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Tires????

Default Tires????

Ok I'm looking for a good 31-32" for a 17" rim 10ply mud terrain/mud grip tire for my truck and I thought I'd see what y'all have had luck with I got the mud grabblers on it now and I've seen all the main brand and I'm looking for something a lil cheaper any suggestions

I have been using Cooper AT3's on my truck for about 4 months and love them. They may not be as aggressive of a tread as you want, but they are quite on the pavement. They have really good grip in snow and rain. They are used quite a bit on gravel roads and have not had any problems.
    2011 Silverado LT Ext Cab 4x4 w/All Star Options
    5.3L LC9 w/6 speed auto
    Corsa dB Catback Exhaust
    Cooper AT3 Tires
    TrailFX Bed Liner
    Bushwacker Bedrail Covers
    Extang Solid Fold Tonneau
    Weathertech Mudflaps & Window Vents
    Rugged Liner Wheel Well Liners

Blog Entries

I had a set of Dean Mud Terrains that went almost 70,000 miles before they were too bald to use. They weren't too loud, had really good even wear and weren't half bad in snow/rain/mud. I would recommend them to anybody!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

I was looking at some coopers I think they were the stt though

I have had bfg all terrains for about 10,000 miles and they get my 2wd through some pretty thick mud. The tread has held up fine and i would definitly reccommend them. plus they look great.
    2007 Chevy
    Reg cab
    2wd
    4.3 v6
    32'' bfgoodrich all terrains

If they don't sing, they don't sling.

I'm running kelley fierce attitude m/t right now and like them! They were one the cheapest tires I can find and look pretty cool to. I get a lot of comments. I have 40,000 miles on my set right now and probably have another 15,20 thousands miles left in them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FIERCE_ATTITUDE002.jpg 
Views:	2670 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	36034

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Legend

Blog Entries

Federal CouragiaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	federal%20tire.jpg 
Views:	793 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	36035

Hercules Trail DiggerClick image for larger version. 

Name:	trail-digger-mt.jpg 
Views:	793 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	36036

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Hankook has some MTs that are rated pretty well and light on the wallet. It's worth at least a look. I got the ATs for my truck and I have 20" wheels and they were just over 200 each. That was less than half the price for the BFGs.

I'm also planning to get a lift next year, so I'll pay for the tires I want at that time. For now I just wanted something that will keep my wife safe while I'm out of the country.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp