GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone run beadlocks?

just curious if anyone on here runs some beadlocks. ive been keeping my eye out for some, even though i have no money for some, id love to purchase some in the future.
    1994 Silverado Z71 1500 4x4
    BF Goodrich 31in All-Terrain Tires
    Painted frame-arms-axle
    Blazer Fog lights
    Removed front splash guard
    Tow hook Chains
    Locking gas cap
    REFLEXXION Rear bumper (Painted black)
    Diamond metal bed caps & Truck Box
    Painted engine bay
    Vinyl Flooring
    Bed insert
    Blistein Shock absorbers
    BOSS bluetooth LCD Radio
    Platinum trucker CB antenna
    Midland 5001z CB Radio
    XO backup camera
    X-press Remote entry-alarm
    CUSTOM metal gas & brake pedal
    Highland fold-away bed cleats
    Race thermostat

Beadlocks are not legal for street use, period. There are several brands and styles of simulated beadlock wheels available however. But then the question would be, why pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
    Beadlocks are not legal for street use, period. There are several brands and styles of simulated beadlock wheels available however. But then the question would be, why pose?
    Beadlocks are legal if they are DOT approved. and I never said i was only using them for looks, i accually WOULD use them in mudy and snowy driving. Having the ability to air down low is a good thing especially off road.

https://www.google.com/#q=DOT+approv...w=1772&bih=955
    some 'locks shown here are DOT approved
    Last edited by ShadowRejects; 02-27-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    1994 Silverado Z71 1500 4x4
    BF Goodrich 31in All-Terrain Tires
    Painted frame-arms-axle
    Blazer Fog lights
    Removed front splash guard
    Tow hook Chains
    Locking gas cap
    REFLEXXION Rear bumper (Painted black)
    Diamond metal bed caps & Truck Box
    Painted engine bay
    Vinyl Flooring
    Bed insert
    Blistein Shock absorbers
    BOSS bluetooth LCD Radio
    Platinum trucker CB antenna
    Midland 5001z CB Radio
    XO backup camera
    X-press Remote entry-alarm
    CUSTOM metal gas & brake pedal
    Highland fold-away bed cleats
    Race thermostat

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRejects View Post
    Beadlocks are legal if they are DOT approved. and I never said i was only using them for looks, i accually WOULD use them in mudy and snowy driving. Having the ability to air down low is a good thing especially off road.

https://www.google.com/#q=DOT+approv...w=1772&bih=955
    some 'locks shown here are DOT approved
    I never said you were a poser. I implied that FAKE beadlocks are for posers.

The DOT beadlocks seem like they will work for you. Just make sure you can run with full highway air pressure when you need it.

Those DOT beadlocks are an entirely different animal. They do not use an exterior locking ring, there is some sort of an interior ring that pushes the tire bead out against the rim.

I guess me and about 50 thousand other people out there are posers now :( dang

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    I guess me and about 50 thousand other people out there are posers now :( dang
    Still, I said nothing about anybody being a poser.:sarcastic:

However, I intended to imply that the product was marketed for posers, and I personally will keep them catagorized along with non-functional hood scoops, stick-on hood pins, whole vehicle vinyl body decals, wheel spinner hub caps, bullet hole decals, plastic simulated billet gas filler doors, rifle on a gun rack window decals, and those half baseball in the glass stick-on thingies.

You will have to decide for yourself why you (and 50,000 others?) bought them.

Now, curb feelers, on the other hand, are fully functional items, but I would not reccomend a set on a lifted truck.

So basically everybody else in the world is wrong and you are right. That seems about right. I guess that makes all the kids out there shooting toy guns posers to because they aren't actually shooting the "real thing".

I don't see how wheels resembling beadlocks and chrome gas caps are in the same category but whatever man.

The real question to ask is why troll?

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Vinyl body wraps are amazing, My brothers got a matte black one his ranger rover, he says when he grows up he can take it off and have a shinny black range, he 25 bout time to grow up I think. Also got one on my Malibu 23lsv and it looks sick. Sorry I saw that in the rant up there and could leave it alone
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I used to be a poser but I've since changed my ways.
    I used a set of bead locks on my trail truck for a couple years but quit using them after bending the rims a couple times, with bead locks after you bend the rim it's a lot harder to do a trail repair and get the rim straight enough to use it again.
    I just got a little better at ratchet strapping my tires to get the bead back on and I dont run the pressure as low.

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    So basically everybody else in the world is wrong and you are right. That seems about right. I guess that makes all the kids out there shooting toy guns posers to because they aren't actually shooting the "real thing".

I don't see how wheels resembling beadlocks and chrome gas caps are in the same category but whatever man.

The real question to ask is why troll?
    The name of the catagory is FAKE, OK, FAKE.

Squuuueeeeeze me? trolling? Whatever back on you, dude.

I stated that I have an opinion. I get the drift that you don't like it. I don't care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast