GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
    I never said you were a poser. I implied that FAKE beadlocks are for posers.

The DOT beadlocks seem like they will work for you. Just make sure you can run with full highway air pressure when you need it.

Those DOT beadlocks are an entirely different animal. They do not use an exterior locking ring, there is some sort of an interior ring that pushes the tire bead out against the rim.
    oh sorry man i stand mistaken! i thought you were calling me a poser for wanting to run beadlocks my neighbor runs fake beadlocks and they look decent but they arnt functional

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

hey guys Dana W was trying to imply that fake beadlocks are more show than they are functional. for example, like the rich teens that put fake air scoops on their cars or nos stickers. its all for show not functional, ofcouse, people who are experienced in the field of automotive will know right off the bat will realized its fake, but other people wont, etc... etc...
    1994 Silverado Z71 1500 4x4
    BF Goodrich 31in All-Terrain Tires
    Painted frame-arms-axle
    Blazer Fog lights
    Removed front splash guard
    Tow hook Chains
    Locking gas cap
    REFLEXXION Rear bumper (Painted black)
    Diamond metal bed caps & Truck Box
    Painted engine bay
    Vinyl Flooring
    Bed insert
    Blistein Shock absorbers
    BOSS bluetooth LCD Radio
    Platinum trucker CB antenna
    Midland 5001z CB Radio
    XO backup camera
    X-press Remote entry-alarm
    CUSTOM metal gas & brake pedal
    Highland fold-away bed cleats
    Race thermostat

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRejects View Post
    oh sorry man i stand mistaken! i thought you were calling me a poser for wanting to run beadlocks my neighbor runs fake beadlocks and they look decent but they arnt functional

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

hey guys Dana W was trying to imply that fake beadlocks are more show than they are functional. for example, like the rich teens that put fake air scoops on their cars or nos stickers. its all for show not functional, ofcouse, people who are experienced in the field of automotive will know right off the bat will realized its fake, but other people wont, etc... etc...
    Ahhh, there is Light out there. Thank you very much. I really didn't want to, nor did I call anyone a name. I have a tendency to express my opinions in a manner which might seem rather intense.

Now, me having said all that came before, there still is nothing wrong with anyone purchasing and using any little shiney bits one chooses. It is all a matter of personal taste. I will however, continue to hold to my "form follows function" philosophy. If it don't work, I won't use it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12