GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ill be heading to the junk yard sometime this weekend for it, sorry your truck got broke into that really sucks!
    Doug
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/douglas.crossen

2003 chevy s10 ls extended cab 4.3 v6 Auto

Quote Originally Posted by knexster View Post
    Ill be heading to the junk yard sometime this weekend for it, sorry your truck got broke into that really sucks!
    Let us know how it turns out with some pictures soon.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

for sure, I plan to make videos/write ups of any work i do. There is not nearly enough info in our section of this forums plus it will help me learn because people can correct things i did wrong lol.
    Doug

went to the junk yard and tried 4 different vssb and nothing worked, pretty much wanted to avoid future headaches and bought a 2003 s10 and im now selling my 1500.
    Doug

I bought my VSSB from superlift. You tell them your gear ratio and tire size and they send it to you. I think it was around $60. Without it my speedo was way off and it shifted in the wrong places

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I sold the truck, I couldn't convince myself that I liked the truck. The thing was rusty as hell and stinky. bought an S10 that suits me way way better!
    Doug

I am having the same problem. Pikey, do you have a link that I can be sent too? I went to superlift.com and I couldn't find it anywhere. Thank you in advance.
    Jordan

I think that I had to just call them. I could not find it on their site.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by knexster View Post
    When I am stopped is the only time my speedometer is correct, the moment i accelerate and reach maybe 10mph it says im at 80. It will then flick up and down speratically while I drive. I believe its the speed sensor but I want to confirm my truck has a speed sensor and that is what is causing my problem.
    There was a recall on some Instrument clusters 2003-2005 I beleive. GM was replacing them if the vehicle was 7 years and under 70k miles for nothing. If it was over 70k and under 7 years they would take care of the parts. If you were over 7 years (1 month over and 61k in my 03 escalade)They didnt want to do anything but I did convince them to take care of the parts I paid for labor. Google it and you will find the TSB on this but not sure if s10 is included. They are saying that the spedometers had bad stepper motors in the cluster.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12