GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Switching to tow mirrors

Alright, right now I have power mirrors on 2008 1500 regular mirrors. I want to get some tow mirrors on eBay which have the turn signal, heat and power. Will I be able to just hook it up and go or do I need additional wiring to get the full functionality out of this mirror?

Sr. Mechanic

Yes, they will work. It's the same plug inside the door. You probably have heated mirrors now and just don't know it. They come on with the rear defrost. I changed my mirrors to the Kool Vue tow mirrors and the new ones have turn signal in the glass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ROTM pics 005.jpg  
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3, Rancho 4", 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's, Westin brush guard, Go Rino steps, Truxedo lo pro cover, magnaflow, tow mirrors.

Nice! I'm debating on if I want the turn signal in glass or the outside.. not sure

Yes they will fit, but I have seen where people had to level the mirror once they got on them on the truck. If you find you need and want to level them here is a link to help do that: http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/ho...w-mirrors.html

The turn signal inside or out is of course a preference, but I think that inside the glass kind of gives the mirror a cleaner look IMO
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

If you going to do it, might as well do the turn signal in the mirror, much better look afaic.

Agree with other posters the inside the glass is much cleaner. But everyone has different tastes on style so look at both on other trucks and select what works best for you.
    Goodluck
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by Afalconsvick View Post
    Alright, right now I have power mirrors on 2008 1500 regular mirrors. I want to get some tow mirrors on eBay which have the turn signal, heat and power. Will I be able to just hook it up and go or do I need additional wiring to get the full functionality out of this mirror?
    Did you put the mirrors on your truck? Curious if all the functions worked? Want to do the same on my 2012 but I'm hearing the harness is different for signal and heat.

Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Did you put the mirrors on your truck? Curious if all the functions worked? Want to do the same on my 2012 but I'm hearing the harness is different for signal and heat.
    I'm actually expecting them in the mail today. I'll post back and let you know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Afalconsvick View Post
    I'm actually expecting them in the mail today. I'll post back and let you know how it works.
    Take a picture of your harness going to the mirror. I'm wondering if ours will be different? Now you have to get LTZ to get signal mirrors where in 08 you could get them as option on LT.So maybe in 08 they used same harness for all trucks? Dealer told me they don't think it will work in my truck, but not 100%.

I just put tow mirrors on my buddies 2012 it was the same as my 09 I got mine turn signals on the outside I like them cuz there led and I smoked the covers for them so it looks clean
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast