GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... Last Post byLast Post by

thankful the old guy I seen driving down the wrong side of the highway today got turned around before a crash

2012 Silverado

Today I am thankful for my family, specifically my parents. They are the only immediate family I have, are retired, are still in good health, are still married (first/only marriage, even), and are more than just my parents ... they are my best, most trusted friends/allies.

I think I have to repeat Surreal. My parents are currently having their annual visit to WA to visit my sister and I and our families. As much as I wish I were there to spend time with them, I love that they're able to spend some time with my kids while I can't and spoil them a little extra. My father has gone from my adversary when I was a teenager to my closest friend. I often say, the day he called me to ask my advice on a life issue was the day I realized he no longer saw me as only his son, but as a man. And I've never forgotten that.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Today I am thankful, i arrived safely at my close friends house 2 provinces away, and thankful to find them healthy and as fine as ever..
    for the mountains, and Country i drove through to get here, for the Dirty dog and GMC a they always perform... For My friends and family at home that will miss this day with me, and for Mystic who just spent twelve plus hours driving across canada with me.......

PS... i am very thankful for my dog food manufacturer, and milk bones it seems they put some effort into their blends as Mystics dog farts are not as bad as others I haves experienced

I'm thankful today for having a father who understand how little things like a picture of my truck with the new wheels means so much when I'm thousands of miles away from my family and my truck. I love my wife. She just doesn't see my request for a picture of the whole truck as much of a priority in the grand scheme (which granted, it's not). My parents were visiting though and my dad walked right out and snapped a picture.

Today I'm thankful for my girlfriend ... who was a friend 12 years before we were ever anything more. With that kind past we can discuss -anything- and she very clearly 'gets' me, and I her. 1800+ miles between seems not to matter and when we're together time seems to stand still.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

today i can only be thankful for being here on this earth an other day, with all of you!! my family!!!! and friends.... as nothing else really matters.....

I have many many things to be thankful for but today I am especially thankful for having a great Dad to grow up with. He passed in July of last year and days like today I think of him allot. Isn't it comforting that when you loose a mentor that you went to allot for advise, you know what they would have told you even though they are not there now? In this way I feel that they are still there.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Today I am thankful for a safe set of flights from NC to Arizona.

Rolaids...............