GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Love it man You planning to put any lift on it or like the current stance?

98 Silverado Z71 Ext Cab 5.7 V8 | ION Alloy Black Machined/Chrome Wheels
    Spectrum Cold Air Intake | More to come...

Thanks Conlan! I dont know that it will ever be what the last one was, but then again, im not sure that is a bad thing either. I think i have decided against the sport side bed swap. Now i need the right seats and a detailing and i think i can call this one done! it does need the headliner done too, snd it is going in on Thursday to get the window tint redone. They got a bunch of crap trapped between the film and the window.

thats great! im not a huge fan of the sports side bed or of side step beds i like good old classic full width and length truck beds they just look nice and give a clean body shape. also im happy to report that the parts for the tahoe are coming in most of them have been confirmed as shipped and one just came in today there should be another coming in tomorrow.

hope that window tint works out for u, guess that is the SUV's advantage legal deep tinted windows in the rear.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I may go up an inch or so. Nothing that will require a lift kit or anything like that. Maybe slightly larger tires eith a more aggressive tread pattern...
    Last edited by moogvo; 03-14-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Ok. I went outside and shot a pic of my new replacement ashtray. I replaced the original '95 ash tray with one out of a '96. I like this style MUCH better than the other one! Also, here is a shot of my dash at night. I matched my radio lights up with the dash lights as best I could. First, a pic with the old ashtray:

Now a look at the new one:

And finally, my (ALL WORKING NOW) Dash lights...

"It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

lucky! wish my climate control lights worked . but i do like the 96' style ashtray looks more natural. the interior of ur truck looks great!

Legend

Blog Entries

Great looking truck....the interior looks pretty clean and in good shape. It's cool when you can work on the littler items that make a BIG difference. Part of that OCD truck/suv mentality we all have.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    lucky! wish my climate control lights worked . but i do like the 96' style ashtray looks more natural. the interior of ur truck looks great!
    They are a breeze to change out! Pull your dash bezel off. It is held on entirely with spring clips. There are no screws. Disconnect the cargo light switch and the headlight switch. Tilt the steering wheel all the way down and shift the transmission selector into 1 and carefully remove the bezel, snap the radio out by pressing the tabs on each side and slide it out. Lay it over the top of the dash. there is enough wire that you don't have to disconnect it. The climate control lights are right there on the back of the unit which is only about an inch thick. Give them a quarter twist and pull them out. replace with bulb #79 (I think, but the folks at advance can look it up for you... same lamp as the high beam indicator).

Takes 10 minutes! (Maybe a bit longer if you have never taken your dash apart before...)

thanks mfleetwood! I need to find replacement seats for the correct year and a headliner and I am pretty much set!

yah ik the procedure just havent gotten around to doing it prob going to do it durring spring break for my school while i have the bezel off im also going to do the wiring for the switch that the original owner put on the dash and use it for my driving lights. and find out what the 4 way toggle he put in is for.

also park on a hill so have to borrow friends drive way so the truck is on flat ground dont want it only held by the paking brake

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post

also park on a hill so have to borrow friends drive way so the truck is on flat ground dont want it only held by the paking brake
    You can always hold your foot on the brake pedal while doing that step. As soon as the bezel is out you can put it back into park until reassembly! ;)