GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Finally getting some work done to our 94

Today I started removing the camo vinyl from our Suburban. Let me tell ya some of it comes off real easy and some of it (the sun dried brittle crap) is a pain in the tail to get off. I took some pics but, it was to dark so they didn't turn out well. I'll take some more tomorrow and post them. The paint actually looks really good underneath so far (really hope it continues to look as good as I finish the other half of the truck).

Cool deal. Looking forward to the pictures

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Here's 2 pics from this weekends mud day not great but, at least I finally got some newer pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mudding day 3-9-12 010.jpg   mudding day 3-9-12 014.jpg   camosuburban.jpg  

Legend

Blog Entries

The burb came out looking great. Looks like it was a ton of work though. At least it looks like you had twice as much fun as it was work playing in the mud. Cool pics.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Blog Entries

Nice burb man. I have a 96. It looks like you are driving Yokohama's on it. Am i wrong?
    life sucks, but i love it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cedicol View Post
    Nice burb man. I have a 96. It looks like you are driving Yokohama's on it. Am i wrong?

Thanks. They are KUMHO's they did and do really great on and off road.

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    The burb came out looking great. Looks like it was a ton of work though. At least it looks like you had twice as much fun as it was work playing in the mud. Cool pics.
    Thanks. It was actually pretty easy. I just waited till we had a warm day and 90% of it peeled off easily. The other 10% had faded and dried out but, still wasn't that bad to get off. It was very time consuming though. We had a great time I tried posting a video but, I'm still having to wait for a mod to approve it, so maybe it'll be up soon.

So, you had it vinyl wrapped, but now it's coming off? How long did the wrap last?
    I like you.

Quote Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
    So, you had it vinyl wrapped, but now it's coming off? How long did the wrap last?

The wrap was put on by the previous owner so I have no idea how long it was on for but, it wasn't coming off we just didn't want it on so we took it off.