GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Butthead: Uh, huh huh, huh huh huh, huh huh.
    Beavis: Shaddup, Butthead!

    2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE


  2. #12
    Sr. Mechanic dadngt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Poteau, Oklahoma
    Posts
    175

    Default

    The ram box is a good idea because of all the unused space between the bed walls, but like mentioned before the bed lines were weird the seams stick out like a sore thumb. Chevy did a great job hiding the Avalanche boxes most of us forgot about them lol. Then theres the Titan box which I haven't used or even opened but looked like the door flips up which would mean you would have to sit on the ground just to get into it. Good concepts but still needing work
    2007 Silverado RS, 4.8 V8, 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown
    Black painted front grille & bumper
    Black / red Painted bowties
    Black 18in. Silverado wheels
    Black / Red interior conversion (in process)
    89 Chevy Sport tribute decals

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dadngt View Post
    The ram box is a good idea because of all the unused space between the bed walls, but like mentioned before the bed lines were weird the seams stick out like a sore thumb. Chevy did a great job hiding the Avalanche boxes most of us forgot about them lol. Then theres the Titan box which I haven't used or even opened but looked like the door flips up which would mean you would have to sit on the ground just to get into it. Good concepts but still needing work
    The ram box and the saddlebags on the avalanche are both at least useful, although I think the saddlebags moreso than the ram box. I've heard bad things about the titan boxes. I think they open sideways like a door but everyone I know who has had them says they are pretty much useless.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpine View Post
    Eventhough the first versiosn of the Dodge RamBox have not been perfect.. issues with lid fading and cheap plastic containers..

    This made me smile... isn't ALL of Dodge this "fading and cheap plastic" you speak of? I've always found the entire inside of Dodge pickups EXTREMELY cheap feeling/looking. Just kind of wondering if I'm the only person who has thought so? IMO Dodge's new body style on the 1/2ton truck is REALLY badass and aggressive looking, but I couldn't go from the quality design and material that GM uses on their vehicles (with the exception of my ex-wife's 2011 malibu... yuck) to the Dodge or even Ford cheap feeling AND looking interiors.

    "If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

    "Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    This made me smile... isn't ALL of Dodge this "fading and cheap plastic" you speak of? I've always found the entire inside of Dodge pickups EXTREMELY cheap feeling/looking. Just kind of wondering if I'm the only person who has thought so? IMO Dodge's new body style on the 1/2ton truck is REALLY badass and aggressive looking, but I couldn't go from the quality design and material that GM uses on their vehicles (with the exception of my ex-wife's 2011 malibu... yuck) to the Dodge or even Ford cheap feeling AND looking interiors.
    The Ram has always had the cheapest feeling interiors hands-down (except maybe the 99-07 super duty) but that changed in 2009. I recall reading back when the '09 ram came out that it was the first vehicle to have an interior designed in chrysler's new interior design facility. The result is actually quite good. On the base models, it isn't that spectacular, but neither is a GM WT level interior - both feel cheap. As you step up, everything gets better and their Laramie interior is actually quite good. The materials and assembly are top-notch, they gave it lots of features, and it looks great. The Laramie interior has stitched leather on top of the dash, materials that are nice to touch, heated steering wheel, heated/cooled front seats, heated rear seats, and as much as lots of people bash it, I really like the console shifter. It really is a top-notch interior with comparable features to a Sierra Denali.

    As far as the Ram SLT interior against the Silverado LT interior, the Dodge is still a pretty strong interior. It still has decent materials and fit/finish and lots of storage and utility. I'm not a fan of the fabric they chose to cover the seats with on trucks without leather, but the seats themselves are good.

    But, back to the Ram Box... they just haven't got it quite right yet, in my opinion.

  6. #16

    Default

    When i test drove a 2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn Laramie with 15 miles on it.. and the mirror cover flew off at mile 16.2 at 65 mph... Dodge lost all respect. Even the salesman went. "Oh... Damn" and had an ashamed look on his face hahaha.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    When i test drove a 2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn Laramie with 15 miles on it.. and the mirror cover flew off at mile 16.2 at 65 mph... Dodge lost all respect. Even the salesman went. "Oh... Damn" and had an ashamed look on his face hahaha.
    Hmm. Thats interesting... I've driven a couple of the new dodges and not had any problems with them. If I were to go buy a new truck, I'd have a really hard time with it because I really like GMs, but Dodge has the styling now and the Hemi is a pretty solid engine, and the F150 is pretty decent now with the same type of uplevel interior treatment the ram got and the new engines. I'd probably end up back at GM because the Avalanche just makes sense to me and nobody else has it, but for normal half tons, they're all pretty close right now in my eyes.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    Hmm. Thats interesting... I've driven a couple of the new dodges and not had any problems with them. If I were to go buy a new truck, I'd have a really hard time with it because I really like GMs, but Dodge has the styling now and the Hemi is a pretty solid engine, and the F150 is pretty decent now with the same type of uplevel interior treatment the ram got and the new engines. I'd probably end up back at GM because the Avalanche just makes sense to me and nobody else has it, but for normal half tons, they're all pretty close right now in my eyes.
    I will agree about Dodge having the exterior styling as of right now.. no joke their truck looks MEAN. But my 5.3 has outrun every hemi and Ford I've lined up against as of yet. And IMO the fords are ugly. However i was very impressed with the interior on the 2011 Limited F150 I test drove... but for 62,000 and ZERO balls... I'll stick to my bowtie haha.

    I remember seeing a thread on here about the 2013 styling for the 'Rado and the photoshop of it looked real similar to the aggressive front of the Ram.. if that does happen.. this guy will be upgrading!

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    I will agree about Dodge having the exterior styling as of right now.. no joke their truck looks MEAN. But my 5.3 has outrun every hemi and Ford I've lined up against as of yet. And IMO the fords are ugly. However i was very impressed with the interior on the 2011 Limited F150 I test drove... but for 62,000 and ZERO balls... I'll stick to my bowtie haha.

    I remember seeing a thread on here about the 2013 styling for the 'Rado and the photoshop of it looked real similar to the aggressive front of the Ram.. if that does happen.. this guy will be upgrading!
    All of the 2007+ GM trucks I've driven have been 2500s and 3500s, so they've all been 6.0s and Duramaxes, but I've driven a couple of 06 rams with the hemi and just a couple weeks ago I drove a bunch of different 2011 rams with the hemi and they all would have kicked my 2003 5.3 all over the place... In a perfect world, I'd probably have one of each since there are things about all of them that I like, but I'll stick with GM... as long as they keep the avalanche - it really is incredibly useful.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    All of the 2007+ GM trucks I've driven have been 2500s and 3500s, so they've all been 6.0s and Duramaxes, but I've driven a couple of 06 rams with the hemi and just a couple weeks ago I drove a bunch of different 2011 rams with the hemi and they all would have kicked my 2003 5.3 all over the place... In a perfect world, I'd probably have one of each since there are things about all of them that I like, but I'll stick with GM... as long as they keep the avalanche - it really is incredibly useful.
    I hear ya.. idk what it is about Truck Norris.. but he has always ran like a scalded frickin ape, even before the tune and exhaust and all that.. now that everything is more rigid i lose less power to weight transfer, plus the mods.. they DEFINITELY cant keep up.. im talkin by 5-10 length at least. He's building a reputation around Midland/Odessa from what I've heard. which puts a big ol' smile on my face haha. I definitely like the avalanche.. I've been debating on getting one myself.. a 4x4 and jackin it up. I cant really go to the ranch or bonfires or any of my redneck activities with Truck anymore :( so if you hear of a good deal on one let me know!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last: 05-13-2010, 09:30 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last: 05-06-2010, 08:40 PM
  3. GM Chevy Volt to feature 'Mountain' mode - CNET
    By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Volt Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last: 05-04-2010, 08:20 PM
  4. New PM Feature
    By ChevyFan in forum Announcements & Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last: 11-13-2008, 06:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •