GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Would Chevy implement a RamBox like feature?

Eventhough the first versiosn of the Dodge RamBox have not been perfect.. issues with lid fading and cheap plastic containers.. the idea is simply brilliant IMO and a really desireable and successful option. Word is Dodge is going ot make it available in all its trucks in 2013.

I would be incredible if Chevy returned to the side step design in 2014 making the wheel wells extra fat and distinctive and then used rear wheel space for a hard sheetmetal deep storage boxes. I find a perfectly square 4x8 bed to be perfect and visually appealing. Any legal reason Chevy (and Ford) could not copy the feature?

I think it's possible but GM would have to be very careful how they design and implement the feature. It's a really neat feature, utilizing space that's already there for storage and eliminating the need for toolboxes and other extraneous storage.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Helloooo Chevy has had it since 02 on the Avalanche...... and it's water tight...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Helloooo Chevy has had it since 02 on the Avalanche...... and it's water tight...
    This is true lol, definitely totally forgot about that feature.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Would have been perfect on the 88-98 stepsides.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

I'd definitely give an upgrade a look if they offered it.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

its an interesting thought to be sure, im not so sure id like it tho, at least not how dodge did it, to me, it ruins the lines of the bed, with the latch area, and the seams for the lid.

just my opinion tho.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Would have been perfect on the 88-98 stepsides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy09LTZCrew View Post
    I'd definitely give an upgrade a look if they offered it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    its an interesting thought to be sure, im not so sure id like it tho, at least not how dodge did it, to me, it ruins the lines of the bed, with the latch area, and the seams for the lid.

just my opinion tho.

Alex
    I like the concept, they did it very well with with Avalanche and you could almost argue that the Ram copied the concept from the Avalanche. For me, I'm CONSTANTLY needing extra space so this would be perfect for me and even if it were an option only on some models, I would probably end up getting it for sure.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

You beat me to it!

Anyway, I've taken a look at the ram box system and I prefer my Avalanche. The ram box is wider but not as deep. It's about the same length, but the ram box would make putting long things in it easier. BUT, because it is so shallow, I don't think I would be able to fit my tool set into it that I always keep in the saddlebag of my Avalanche. My storage might be narrow, but that tool set fits in there and the storage is deep enough to get the whole thing in.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    My storage might be narrow, but that tool set fits in there and the storage is deep enough to get the whole thing in.
    Butthead: Uh, huh huh, huh huh huh, huh huh.
    Beavis: Shaddup, Butthead!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast