GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Spring Truck Cleaning?

Who waits for the winter to end before they start to do a good cleaning, and who keeps their rig clean all winter long?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Try to keep mine somewhat clean over the winter. I wash it once a week to keep the salt off of it. I think we are done with snow up here now, we didn't get any this year, so I started spring cleaning it today, probably a week long process. So far I've given it a good wash and a once over with the clay bar. It'll get a good polish in the next couple of days. Then I'll go over the interior.
    Adam

Master Mechanic

I keep mine clean all year long...must be my OCD. My interior is covered w/ mats so throughout the winter I will wash them and give the truck a quick vac. I also make everyone clap their feet off before entering my truck, which is something my father drove in to me. My center console is getting a little cluttered w/ some receipts but nothing too crazy. I also wash the exterior, wheel wells, and under carriage throughout the winter. In the spring time it always rains so that's a drag for people who don't like their vehicles dirty. In the spring I do lift the hood to give it a light wash. I grew up learning detail work onvehicles so I know how to do this without getting water in areas it shouldn't be. In the summer it's nice to be able to go 2 weeks w/out having to spend 2+ hours cleaning the exterior. Oh and I highly recommend the interior california car duster as it is just enough to keep the interior looking good.

I spent $15,000 on dismantling, stripping and repainting my truck, so I try to keep it clean year round. Before that I only cleaned the outside twice a year.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Try to keep mine somewhat clean over the winter. I wash it once a week to keep the salt off of it. I think we are done with snow up here now, we didn't get any this year, so I started spring cleaning it today, probably a week long process. So far I've given it a good wash and a once over with the clay bar. It'll get a good polish in the next couple of days. Then I'll go over the interior.
    Which mfg. do you use for the clab bar? I've been doing some research and so far I'm thinking of going w/ a kit Meguiars offers

Meguiar's is the brand I used, someday I'm going to spring for some Adams products.

Blog Entries

I try to keep the outside as clean as possible, but it's hard with my commute after a good bit of wetness on the road. The interior is another story. I try to keep as much out of it, but it's hard to keep clean when you have dirty gear all the time. This is as clean as I have it right now:

Will be a lot better come spring, but that's still another couple months away at least.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."