GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

body lifts ruin everything.

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3
    Factory Tint
    Recon Taillights
    2.5 ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    Low Profile Toolbox
    Westin Nerf Steps

did my 94 1500 4x4 buy myself in an afternoon with 4 pieces of cut rail road tie. a few jacks. a socket set and a few screw drivers. the jacks and blocks of wood will be your hands. its not hard trust me. be sure to buy a kit. dont risk making one out of hockey pucks o steel tubing. tubing will work but your ride will be rougher on bumps. hockey pucks are designed for hockey not truck parts. might work but why skimp on something that you drive and take pride in. i do recommend put a piece of boxed steel tubing in between the frame and the wheel well area. i had a 90 k1500 i put a bunch of concrete in. it to had a 3 inch and i noticed my bad after the side job that it sagged horribly in the middle. not necessary if your not loading it to hell. mine currently doesnt have any. this is my mud baby.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

body lift doesnt ruin everything. as long as you put the plates in the wheel well to hide gap. it looks good. i personally needed the room for my tires. i run mudders. plus theres a lil more room once under the body itself to move around. i personally wouldnt do it to a newer truck but the 88-98 Oh yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    I just looked through the instruction for body lifts on our truck it's a lot of work but it's deff possible to do on your own

It is peoples own personal liking, looks wise it looks great. But when your steering shaft goes down the highway tuck and roll my friend

I'd personally never do it to mine but i don't mind them on a 1/2 ton if it's a 3/4 ton or 1 ton the look horrible there's just to much frame showing for me.
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

I had a body lift on my K5, and I beat the hell out of that truck without issue. The suspension lift however, had problems. I've had a body lift on my current truck for 4 years and nothing is "ruined."

When I did my 3in Performance Accessories kit, I was able to do it myself in about 2 hours. The directions make it seem a little more difficult than it really was. As far as the bolts, there are no nuts that needed to be held from the inside. Other than the blocks, I had to install an extension on the steering shaft and an extension on a grounding strap (both are included in the kit). Overall, very easy and very worth it.
    2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab
    8in ProComp Suspension Lift, 4in Shackle Flip Kit, 3in Performance Products Body Lift, 17x9 Moto Metal wheels, 35x12.50x17 ProComp Xterrains, K&N cold air intake kit, Custom 3in exhaust, GoRhrino Black spring loaded steps, Truxedo Bed Cover, "SS" style Instrument Cluster with blue pointers and Trans Temp Gauge, JVC indash touchscreen DVD player, 2 MTX 10in subwoofers, Sony Xplode 1000watt amp, Radio Shack CB with dual black whips, Optima yellow top battery

I had the performance accessories 3" BL on my old YJ along with suspension lift, it help up forever, never noticed any problems, as far as putting one on a truck yourself, definitely would recommend having someone there to help ya out! Don't know much about the Zone BLs, although I've heard good things from a couple friends that are using their stuff.

2003 GMC Sierra 5.3L 4WD SLT Z71

6" Lift ♦ 35" Toyo MTs ♦ Moto Metal Wheels ♦ LineX Spray In ♦ Flowmaster 40 Duals ♦ K&N FIPK ♦ WeatherTech Floor Mats ♦ Dual HU ♦ 102" Whip Antenna ♦ Cobra 29 CB ♦ DrawTite Activator II ♦ Dark Tint ♦ Daystar Keys ♦ AALs ♦ UWS box

1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ on 38s -Sold

Soon to come

Pacesetter LT headers
    4:56 gears
    Blackbear tune

Quote Originally Posted by chevybulldog6 View Post
    When I did my 3in Performance Accessories kit, I was able to do it myself in about 2 hours. The directions make it seem a little more difficult than it really was. As far as the bolts, there are no nuts that needed to be held from the inside. Other than the blocks, I had to install an extension on the steering shaft and an extension on a grounding strap (both are included in the kit). Overall, very easy and very worth it.
    Thats pretty impressive if you did a complete kit by yourself in 2 hours......

I was lucky enough to have a shop to pull in the truck with all of the air tools and a big floor jack that I needed.

Me and 2 friends did the zone 1.5 in a 1500, it wasn't too bad at all. We actually lifted the bed with just two people cause they're so light.
    I would go with the ZONE lift, but thats just my opinon.

2003 single cab stepside Chev 1500, 6" rough coutnry lift, 4' firestick cb whips, cobra ltd cb radio.
    Next mods: flowmaster 10series muffler and exhaust (in process)
    1.5" zone body lift
    315/70r16 cooper stt once the 305s wear out

Sold-1996 Audi A4 lowered on H&R ultra low coils running 19" mercedes wheels, limo tint, borla exhaust
    New ride 96 VW jetta lowered 2.0l 5 spd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12