GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sr. Apprentice

Default difficulty of a 3 in body lift?

i was wondering how hard installing a 3 inch body lift on a 2010 silverado 4x4 z71? i have a leveling kit already but want that extra tire clearance. also whats a good brand

Blog Entries

Check out Zone Offroad. I just bought a 1.5" BL from them for $200 with the rear bumper brackets. Couldn't tell you how hard it is to install one since I've never done it before, but I'll be interested to hear what others say. Can't wait for mine to get here!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Sr. Apprentice

do they make a 3 inch. or just a 1.5

Blog Entries

They also make a 3" lift, yes. Here is a list of the lifts for GM 1/2 ton trucks: http://zoneoffroad.com/prod-display?ca=25&ma=8&mo=12
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

It's no hard you just loosen the driver side and then on the passenger side you remove the bolts and then place a block on a big floor jack and raise up the passenger side enough to slip in the body lift. You leave all the bolts hand tight till your done so you can line up the body lines, then you go back and use lock tight. Oh and the bed is the same. Just make sure to read the instructions just for your vehicle because some will have ground straps, lines....etc. It's really not bad at all. If you have a good flat slab to work on and basic tools you shouldn't have any trouble
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

I can't imagine it's too difficult, I've never installed one myself though. X2 on the Zone body lift as well.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

It's not too difficult. Just take your time and read the instructions. Your only options are Zone or Performance Accessories, and both are top quality.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    It's no hard you just loosen the driver side and then on the passenger side you remove the bolts and then place a block on a big floor jack and raise up the passenger side enough to slip in the body lift. You leave all the bolts hand tight till your done so you can line up the body lines, then you go back and use lock tight. Oh and the bed is the same. Just make sure to read the instructions just for your vehicle because some will have ground straps, lines....etc. It's really not bad at all. If you have a good flat slab to work on and basic tools you shouldn't have any trouble
    Stupid question: Can you loosen the bolts from the underside without having to do anything in the cab? I will most likely be doing this on my own so I was just curious if it's an easy solo project without having to go back and forth from top to bottom. I know the little Ford Rangers have bolts that go through the cab that need a second hand or some jimmy rigging to work with.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T

Yea man it's a hell of a lot easier with the more people the better. We had 3 when we did a friends f150 and it went very smooth. Same with his we had to take off the little kick panels so you can peel back the carpet under the pedals and on the passenger side is the same. Then in the rear we just removed the seat because the bolts were really hard to get to with the seat in. And yeah we had to have a person inside holding back up. On the OBS fords there were a few that had the nuts pressed into the frame so that was nice because they didn't require anyone holding them. I would say just take your time and think it all through it's not that hard just don't want to forget to loosen a line or a wire get to tight. We read the directions over and over step by step when we did it to insure we didn't miss something. With a standard it was easy with the shifter just dropped down and notched the floor so it would go in gear, think autos come with brackets. And as far as bumper raisers for the front they just bolt up the back i had to fab him a custom bracket. If you have any more questions just ask i'll try and do my best to answer it.
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

I just looked through the instruction for body lifts on our truck it's a lot of work but it's deff possible to do on your own
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast