GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Traded my 06 Silverado for an 09 Sierra! Couldn't be happier!!!

Hey guys whats up... so yesterday I made it final and traded my 2006 Silverado towards a 2009 GMC Sierra. I must say that its the best move I've ever made. I went from a V6 work truck model to the 5.3 V8 SLT fully loaded model. I guiltily admit that for a few weeks there I contemplated on getting a Dodge Ram 5.7 HEMI Big Horn, but I am much happier with this decision.

Right now it is entirely stock but I already have a few mods planned for it. This truck is absolutely beautiful and I fully intend to win Ride-Of-The-Month with it sometime this year after I get it the way I want it. So tell me what you guys think!! I am in love with my new Sierra!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-03 16.38.08.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	35669Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-03 17.20.37.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	35670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-04 00.41.54.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	35671

P.S. I don't have many pics yet and these were the best I could find. Rest assured that I will become a huge pic whore in the near future!
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

How much are you paying for it, because I have been seriously contemplating on doing this as well.
    Year/Make/Model: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Powertrain: 4.8L V8, Automatic, 2wd
    Tires/Rims: Stock rims and tires for now
    Top 5 Mods: Straight piped exhaust, Billet Grille, Color-matched bowtie/shaved moldings, 12K HID's, Two 12" Kickers with a 1,000 watt amp
    Next Planned mods: Truxxx Leveling Kit, Nitto Trail Grapplers, 15% Window Tint

Legend

Blog Entries

Nice truck @VictoryRed!! It looks like my 09 that I traded on my 11!!!LOL

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Now you're gonna have to change your name...nice truck

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by Klutch Mclovin View Post
    How much are you paying for it, because I have been seriously contemplating on doing this as well.
    I don't like the throw around specific numbers.. but I didn't pay NEAR asking price and they offered me more for my trade in then what I even financed it for so I couldn't say no to this truck. All I can say is that if your budget allows it, GO FOR IT. This is a hell of a truck.

And I contacted Steve about changing my username, VictoryRed doesn't fit too well anymore. lol

Legend

Blog Entries

Congrats on your new ride. Nice color scheme and love that NNBS!
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 03-05-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Congrats! That's quite an upgrade, cant wait to see it transformed.
    Adam

Master Mechanic

I love it! Nice that it came with painted mirror caps and door handles although I wonder why it didn't come w/ a chrome grille. Running boards look to be OEM too which is nice (came w/ my used truck too). I'm surprised with the pin-striping, not saying I don't like it, just not sure why they started putting it on the Sierras. I saw a black Sierra that I was going after but someone had just bought it; it too had the pin-striping and I wondered if it was factory. Like I mentioned, doesn't look bad but if you end up lifting the truck it might look odd because I tend to see it on stock height vehicles. What direction do you think you will go with as far as the chrome? The wheels are nice and the painted body moldings look good too. Looks like you got the backup camera too, I had that in my 09 Sierra and once you have it you'll miss it if it's not in other vehicles LOL...Well congrats on your purchase and try to spend slowly!

kinda made me jealous. the 12 all terrain i was looking at had pinstriping, as did the 12 silverado. maybe thats just what GM is doing now?

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Thanks for all the comments guys. In my signature you can see the direction I want to take it. I ordered a chrome Denali-style punch grille today and it should be here in a few days. Can't wait to get that put on, will change the look of the truck completely! As for the pinstriping, I love it. I had a pinstripe on my old red Silverado and that was one of my favorite things about it, so I'm glad it came factory that way I don't have to spend the money to get it striped. I also love the body color moldings, door handles, and mirror caps. I swear it was like the good lord himself wanted me to have this truck, it's perfect for me in every way! lol

I also didn't mention that some of my favorite features aren't even mentioned. I am already spoiled by the black leather HEATED seats with power lumbar support, and as Amac said, that backup camera is really nifty! After jumping out of a base model V6 bare bone work truck this feels like I'm driving on cloud 9!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by