GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Forum Software Upgrade - Style will be fixed soon

You will notice a few new options if you pay close attention. We've lost the posts on the front page, but we'll rebuild them and get them back.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Working on getting the style back to normal ... we've got it, just have to spend a few minutes to clean it all up.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Looks like there is a mis-match with the recent upgrades and the template designer will have to update the template, so we'll have a different look-and-feel for a day or two. I'll update when I know more.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

The vendor who makes the style will get around to fixing it early this week. They usually have them done in 72 hours after an update, but this was a big one so we'll get it done hopefully today or tomorrow to make it look like the old site. No worries, this is only affecting the output, all data is fine.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Ok Steve thanks for the update was going to message you when it looked different from earlier today.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

I guess there are a LOT of updates that have been made for this newest version that we're running, so it may be a day or two before we get it all straightened out with the old style and the new updates.

NOW, if you take a look around the site, you'll notice that there are quite a number of updates, like having all of the icons attached to the user profile ... better editing menus, etc.

Just wanted to update everyone - the people that make the style that we use (here is the place that makes it, I like these people so I'll give them a free plug) say that there is a lot that they have to upgrade on the backend to ensure there are no bugs. Hopefully it will be back and ready in the next couple of days. I should have waited and confimed that they were done before I did the upgrade, so it's not their fault.

Hopefully we'll get the style updated this week back to what we had in the past.

I'm working on the style issue right now, I'm aware that the navigation is pushed to the right.

ok, I made the update and it looks good. I had a few minutes at lunch so I put up the new GMTruckClub.com logo as well ... anyone notice?

Legend

Blog Entries

I've noticed a couple of items with the main one being now the ad box that runs across the top of the page now covers my user name, notification tab, and partially covering the profile tab.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    I've noticed a couple of items with the main one being now the ad box that runs across the top of the page now covers my user name, notification tab, and partially covering the profile tab.
    I think you have to refresh and it should be ok. Let me see ...

This is what it should look like ... if you see something different, then please upload a screenshot to here and I will have a look.

GM Truck Club - the premier Chevy Truck community and forum online today.
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 03-12-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by