GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I happen to own a Bissel Little Green (R) ProHeat Deep Cleaner (http://www.bissell.com/little-green-...-deep-cleaner/) ... which is a small, portable steam cleaner. When I bought my truck (used), it had coffee stains all over the carpet in the extended cab area ... as if someone had dumped 1-2 large coffee cups from the rear cupholder. A few hours with the steam cleaner and a day with the windows open to allow the carpet to dry ... and the carpet looked (and still looks) new.

Surreal
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 03-29-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    Since it is fairly relative to this subject, I'm going to sort of "thread-jack" you dew family.. SORRY! (also.. welcome to GMTC.. its more of a family than a forum as it seems to me )

On Truck.. the many various females over my course of ownership of him have gotten various eye-makeup, lip-liner, etc on the sun visor and headliner.. I'm wanting to attempt to get that off, as well as some other spots on the headliner where feet and various other umm.. body parts have been placed (I know... i know.. shh). Anybody got a secret to help prevent any sort of "clean spots" if you will.. from arising?
    I use Spot Shot on hard to get off spots on the head liner and carpet. Then I use my house hold steam cleaner with the attachment and clean the head liner and carpet. I just be careful not to soak the head liner when I do it. When I bought my yukon there were yellow nicotine or smoke stains in the head liner. The process I used got them out and the smell went away also.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I will look into these options.. my only problem is I seriously don't have the time to accomplish a time consuming task like this with my 11 on 3 off work schedule (which almost always turns into a 23 on 2 off). My days off are spent rat-killing, paying bills, and lately dealing with my divorce. Think that I would be better off letting a detailing company take of it locally?

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

The best stuff I've every used is John Deere Carpet Cleaner. It comes in a can and you get it from a John Deere dealer. If I remember correctly its 11 bucks a can. There isn't a stain that I couldn't get out with that stuff. That and there really isn't a real long dry time compared to a carpet cleaner. All you do is spray and blot it up with a towel, no scrubbing or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    Think that I would be better off letting a detailing company take of it locally?
    It has been my experience that detailers rarely do a solid job on vehicles unless they are REALLY high end detailers that charge a pretty penny to do things like take Q-tips to the vents and the like. Then again, I detailed cars for extra cash in my youth (charging fair rates for very detailed work), so my expectations are likely high.

Having been through a divorce I'd say take a few hours with the truck to clean it ... using the right tool for the job. Use it to get your mind off the divorce for a few hours. It helps...

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    It has been my experience that detailers rarely do a solid job on vehicles unless they are REALLY high end detailers that charge a pretty penny to do things like take Q-tips to the vents and the like. Then again, I detailed cars for extra cash in my youth (charging fair rates for very detailed work), so my expectations are likely high.

Having been through a divorce I'd say take a few hours with the truck to clean it ... using the right tool for the job. Use it to get your mind off the divorce for a few hours. It helps...
    You're more than likely right on that one... taking my mind off of it would feel good haha

You can hunt around and likely find a detailing job that will do a pretty good job, but it's not cheap. Additionally, I did the same thing as Surreal when I was younger and only fell into it because a friend's mom saw how clean my truck was at the time. (Plus she was hot, so I couldn't say no. Stupid teen hormones.) If you can make the time, it will serve as a great way to distract yourself and noone will take the care and time that you will. For them, something like qtipping the vents is just a hassle you pay extra for. For you it's part of being thorough on your vehicle. Just prioritize the time for yourself and get it done. I think you'll feel better afterward.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12