GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Stock muffler repacment suggestions

Hey all,

Im looking into replacing the stock muffler on my 1997 Burb. money is kinda tight, so cat back will have to wait. Im wondering what you all might recommend for a stock replacement to add a lil power and growl compared to the stock power hog!

Any 2 chamber muffler should sound good, I think you can get a cheap dynamax muffler
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

San Angelo most of the time, Houston at others

You could keep used mufflers in mind. I picked up a pair of 2 chamber Flowmasters from a friend of mine for $40. They weren't used long and were in great shape. Check classifieds or even that one auction site. Maybe even check with some muffler shops to see if they might have something. I welded mine up myself to keep the installation cost down.
    1998 K1500 Suburban
    1977 Chevelle Malibu

"I'm proud to defend your right to be an idiot!" From a friend in the military.

Not much cash? Hmmm.........I say glasspacks
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light