GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default some tipps for the new government/military policies for our military members

provided is a link to a report from foxnews about a new program that the navy has started. in turn i think for the most part its a good thing. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...-aboard-fleet/

the bad side of this is i see alot of undue problems for those with prescription meds. i am a very good example. due to certain injuries that i received will in active duty navy, i take codeine on a regular basis now. not that i want to, but more need to in order to stand the pain that im in. i have been for the past few year using less then im supposed to by off setting it with alot of anti-inflammatory meds. while my liver hates me for it my mind is grateful. the purpose of this post is to inform those here on this forum that are currently serving to obtain copies of medical records, prescriptions, disabilities ext. by doing this when the test comes to you it will make it alot easier and faster to present yourself as be in the right. i have seen in my 8.5 years certain times when people would leave everything in there medical records and it would cause weeks to months of hard ache to prove that they did nothing wrong. stay prepared, get your records in order.
    especially for those with albuterol sulfate. so much as 4 puffs from an albuterol sulfate hfa inhaler can cause a breathalyzer to show a false reading of alcohol. if your using albuterol, maintain your prescription and your inhaler with or near you at all times. if those giving the test are trained properly and the inhaler does give a false reading(which they can do at times) then they will want to extract a urine sample to confirm its reading. by presenting your prescription for albuterol im sure the treatment that you will receive on your way to medical will be far kinder.

DO NOT THINK FOR A SECOND THAT ALBUTEROL CAN MASK ALCOHOL. it doesn't and you will be proven a fool.

now the only thing about this that burns me is the lie about the new anti-tobacco policies. back in 06 i was assigned to oceana va. it was at the time $36 for a cartoon of camel on base and $27 at the 7/11 about 900 meters outside of the front gate. its no surprise to those currently serving that this anti-tobacco policy has been put in place. we have seen the prices at our exchanges exceed that of civilian prices for various items for years. for those whom do not intend to stop smoking but also dont want to pay high prices, there only 1 real choice. start rolling and growing. i have provide some of many links to help assist you all in finding what you need to smoke a better cigarette at a lower cost along with some links for roll your own tobacco if you have no desire to grow tobacco.

in the links you will find the top-o-matic. i use this machine. its a Manuel machine and takes me about 1hour to roll up an entire cartoon. you will not go that fast at first but in time you will get faster. i havent used any electric rollers but i have heard alot of good reviews about them.

http://www.ryocigarette.com/tubemachines.html
    http://www.saferwholesale.com/Cigare...FUrWKgodcHwbBQ
    http://www.cigaretterollingmachine.org/

http://www.cigarettemachines.net/

http://www.rollyourown.com/
    http://www.ryocigarette.com/tobacco1.html
    http://www.americanthrusttobacco.com/home/

http://www.thetobaccoseed.com/
    http://www.google.com/search?q=tobac...w=1366&bih=636
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

There's always the Electronic Cigarette. I have been using mine for 2 years and can't stand to smoke a regular cigarette anymore... Plus it costs me about 10 bux a month to smoke!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

I think the policy sucks, but that's just my personal opinion. I know guys drink but those at my squadron never decided to take the risk with someone else's life by showing up drunk to work. I worked nights for 4 years in the USMC, before going in I would eat a steak or chicken breast with either a beer or a glass of wine depending on the mood I was in and what I was having. It was only one and had absolutely no effect except for the taste, would this policy have kept me from going in?

As a 22 year veteran and retired member of the Navy I think this policy is a weakly disguised attempt to thin out the ranks of the Navy even more than they already are, and to control the lives of Military members both on and off duty. Just one more example of a branch of our goverment attempting to take total control of a persons life.
    After 22 years in the Navy and numerous deployments as an LPO, Supervisor, and OIC I can count on one hand the times I had issues with "Unfit for Duty" sailors due to alcohol and drugs.
    Whats next enforced diets and control of what a Sailor or Marine eats at all times?
    Recorders required to be worn at all times that record every word a Military member speaks?
    Camera's in your bedrooms to record every action you do, including those between your wife and your self?
    No I'm not a conspiracy theorist but there are places the Goverment has no right to stick their nose like spending manhours and funding on rediculous things like this.
    If the Navy has excess funds wouldnt they be better spent helping wounded warriors returning home? Because it's obvious the VA is so underfunded it should be considered criminal and more than a few congressmen should be held accountable for those actions.
    The last I checked the Navy had almost 50 ships slid for overhaul due to funding constraints, who knows how many aircraft, while the amount of this program certainly wouldnt make the funding for 1 ships overhaul it could add to that fund, as I was recently told "Only a drop in the bucket" well every drop adds up which in turn creates the stream and so on.
    How about spending this money on personal armor for Sailors assigned to the middle east?
    The list of important needs goes on and on, Breathalyzers is not one of them.
    Probably a good idea to check out the instigators of this program and find out who still in uniform has future retirement plans connecting them to this buisiness. Thoroughly stupid when there are more pressing needs.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    As a 22 year veteran and retired member of the Navy I think this policy is a weakly disguised attempt to thin out the ranks of the Navy even more than they already are, and to control the lives of Military members both on and off duty. Just one more example of a branch of our goverment attempting to take total control of a persons life.
    After 22 years in the Navy and numerous deployments as an LPO, Supervisor, and OIC I can count on one hand the times I had issues with "Unfit for Duty" sailors due to alcohol and drugs.
    Whats next enforced diets and control of what a Sailor or Marine eats at all times?
    Recorders required to be worn at all times that record every word a Military member speaks?
    Camera's in your bedrooms to record every action you do, including those between your wife and your self?
    No I'm not a conspiracy theorist but there are places the Goverment has no right to stick their nose like spending manhours and funding on rediculous things like this.
    If the Navy has excess funds wouldnt they be better spent helping wounded warriors returning home? Because it's obvious the VA is so underfunded it should be considered criminal and more than a few congressmen should be held accountable for those actions.
    The last I checked the Navy had almost 50 ships slid for overhaul due to funding constraints, who knows how many aircraft, while the amount of this program certainly wouldnt make the funding for 1 ships overhaul it could add to that fund, as I was recently told "Only a drop in the bucket" well every drop adds up which in turn creates the stream and so on.
    How about spending this money on personal armor for Sailors assigned to the middle east?
    Probably a good idea to check out the instigators of this program and find out who still in uniform has future retirement plans connecting them to this buisiness. Thoroughly stupid when there are more pressing needs.

Completely agree.....

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    wth are you talking about? they are going to save tons of money by doing this. the objective has nothing to due with helping sailors or making it safer or concerns about health risk. its aimed at the po3's and above and sharply directed toward those close to retirement. think of how much money the navy would save if after 18 years they could catch you on some little crap like this and discharge you without benefits. thats the money saving goal.

More then likely it has a lot to do with the latest CNO ending all his fleet messages with some form of religious blessing. Ive never met a deeply religious officer that didn't believe he was placed in a position of authority to guide the poor misguided heathen enlisted into a spiritually better life by changing their ways and helping them see the light.