GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default This was pretty cool...

This morning, I am sitting at the end of my driveway waiting on my daughter's bus to come. Off of the side road next to my property, a guy in a 90s Z71 comes out and drives by. Now, in the 2 years I have been sitting in my vehicle waiting on the bus when this guy comes out (I have seen him nearly every day for the last 2 years) He never gives me a second look. Today, I saw him craning his neck to have a look at my truck. The encounter ended up in a mutual standard 2 fingers raised off the steering wheel wave to each other.

There are a trillion of these trucks out there. I can't go to the store without seeing at least 5 of them passing me in the other direction. They blend in like trees in a forest. The fact that this guy made a special effort to have a look at mine felt pretty good... Sort of like when a guy turns to have a peek at my wife. Glad others think my truck looks good too! My wife calls that "Man Flirting". LOL!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Legend

Blog Entries

You're right ,guys love their trucks almost as much as their women!!!! LOL

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Tag him and get him on the site......
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sr. Engineer

Rule..men likes women.. trucks ..sports..eating..scratching..farting...and such...women likes money ..my story and i,am sticking to it. lol

When i see a lifted tahoe or surburban with mud tires i think to myself if that person lifted it for looks or because he had to lift it to get where he was wanting to go.I had to lift my bus cause when i went hunting with my daddy inlaw we kept getting stuck in his ford.I like the looks of the 90s chevy trucks and suv thay just have some clean lines and the aftermarket has anything you can think of.
    1998 SURBURBAN LT FULLYLOADED 6 INCH LIFT AND 35 INCH MUDDERS-1985 M-1028 MILITARY TRUCK UNDER 38 K MILES NO RUST OR DENTS RUNS LIKE NEW.2004 XL-1200R 1 OF 7 MADE BY HARLEY WITH 100 HP-1977 XL-1000 NAMED PAW PAW..We own only 4x4s dont know why just turned out that way the other 2 aint chevy so i wont list.1987 MONTE CARLO SS 555 CI BIGBLOCK 675 HP 700 QT BUILT BY DOUG HERBERT IN NC.

The song goes...... I love my truck I like my girlfriend
    2012 4.8 LS

God is great, beer is good and people (WOMEN) are Crazy

Master Mechanic

Hehe...that is a moment of pride. When I had my 09 Sierra I got a lot of complements when going through drive-thrus and such. I reminded myself today that my truck isn't at that same point because I lack random comments. When I see someone w/ a nice chevy rig I surely give a thumbs up or casual wave. Way to go on achieving acknowledgement from a person you'd least expect it from!

I know what you mean.. NBS 'rados around here are a dime a dozen, and before my Bday (3/2) nobody ever gave it a second glance.. now with the drop there are so many heads turning it is ridiculous.. Both me and Truck enjoy it Chevy Nation baby!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Where i live if you lower your rig you get stuck our southern roads are in bad shape.Most of the trucks around here are lifed at least 6 inchs and have hunting dog boxs in the beds for hog hunting.A low truck just dont last long way out here in the booneys

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN_FREEDOM1861 View Post
    Where i live if you lower your rig you get stuck our southern roads are in bad shape.Most of the trucks around here are lifed at least 6 inchs and have hunting dog boxs in the beds for hog hunting.A low truck just dont last long way out here in the booneys

DING DING DING. Exact same (excpet its rabbit hunting around here). Its mostly kids (16-20) who are in high school too around here but they do it with daddy or mommy's money. They had some kids party with a bonfire in the field across from my house, and it started raining, they got stuck in the field and came knock on my door at 3AM. Didn't help them (kinda a jackass move I know but I did let them stay under the carport for their friends to come pick them up). They had the bright idea to leave their trucks there until it dried up enough. Thank God my buddy Boo owns a towing company, he came and towed em all out and took them to his yard the next day while they were sleeping off their hangovers. Thats what you get for getting stuck in MY field.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by