GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Mirror Swap/Wiring ?

hey guys...i wanna do a mirror swap on my 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS...my mirrors i have are only powered,no turn signals or heated.I wanna get towing mirrors with power,turn signals and heated.Do i have to do any wiring myself or is it plug and play?...im sure this has been asked a thousand times but i wanna make sure before i spend the money!...thanks in advance guys

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

It should be plug and go, i know a few people that only had power mirrors and went to a tow mirror with turn signal and everything worked fine. I've also got tow mirrors and mine were plug and go.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

X2 sfdender
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

thats what i thought...i heard if you have rear defrost like i do,the heated mirrors will work and the turn signals will work and of course power will work...i just wanna make sure before i spend the money...is there more wiring i have to pull up from the door for the mirrors then?

Legend

Blog Entries

For the NNBS, they are plug and play...all the wiring is contained in the connectors; no additional wiring is needed. However, you might want to wait and see if someone responds who has a 2003 that has replaced their mirrors. I thought I read on a thread quite sometime ago that some older models are not as simple as the NNBS (I tried to find the thread but cannot locate it). If you don't get a response soon, send ntbush83 a PM and get his opinion. He has a 2003 with tow mirrors and although I think they're factory, he still may be able to provide you some advice.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2003 View Post
    thats what i thought...i heard if you have rear defrost like i do,the heated mirrors will work and the turn signals will work and of course power will work...i just wanna make sure before i spend the money...is there more wiring i have to pull up from the door for the mirrors then?
    What do you mean by power. The only thing that has power to it in these mirrors is the turn signals and heat

I think he means the power adjust, where you can adjust the mirror from the switch inside the door. He could be talking about the power fold feature tows dont have this. I don't have tows but can't you still adjust them (the angle of the top part of the glass) from the switch inside the door like you could the regular power mirrors?

Ah I forget that you can get them without power adjust. I was thinking the only option were signals and heat for some reason? I brought back my old power folding mirrors I'm looking into using the mounting braces with the power fold and try and put it in a tow mirror. Had a buddy with them on his 2500 some hit it good and crack it so he replaced it.if this works it'll be amazing
    Last edited by ahmitchell1; 03-08-2012 at 07:14 AM.

That would be pretty sweet, looking forward to hear how it comes out.

Im talking about power adjust...if i could just get power adjust id be fine with that