GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default 2012 Pickups With Best Fuel Economy Check it out...

It looks like gas prices will continue to rise for the next several months, so here's a list of the most fuel-efficient pickup trucks sold in the U.S. for 2012, grouped by their combined fuel economy as determined by the U.S Department of Energy.
    Of course, you can find all sorts of global platforms that use smart and powerful four-cylinder turbo-diesel engines outside the U.S., but four our purposes we're sticking with those two- and four-wheel-drive pickup trucks sold in within our borders.
    The gas mileage numbers listed are the EPA's combined fuel economy numbers (average of city and highway driving). W have also listed the predicted annuel fuel cost for these vehicles based on 15,000 miles driven at a cost of $3.70 per gallon of fuel. Your exact fuel costs are likely to vary.
    In decending order of average combined miles per gallon, the results are as follows:

Rest of the info here

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/02...best-mpgs.html
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I did not see diesels on that list nor did I see 5.7 liter GM v-8.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

The 5.3 non hybrid 4x4 is not listed either.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I vote ford, and chevy put a turbo diesel 4cyl in their small trucks! with a 6spd manual.. think a 4wd Colorado with a 2L Diesel, putting out as much power as the current 5cyl, but getting 25-30mpg.. and a V-6 or I6 3 or 3.5L turbo diesel in the 1500.. getting similar milage.. I would gladly pay $4 a gallon for Diesel (what we are currently paying) for one of these models over a gas model now.. Since they cost of these trucks is astronomical already i cannot afford a new truck and a gas beater for work. (i commute 50plus miles a day). I dunno i know i wont be buying anything new for quite some time in the truck market until they do to be honest.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by The Heater View Post
    I did not see diesels on that list nor did I see 5.7 liter GM v-8.

Don't think the 5.7 is used any more in GM Pickup's

Also sse how Ford who's new ad says it gets 23 MPG is not there.. Sorry Ford STOP LYING to your customers.. JUst like you bumped up your pulling power the day the new Tundra's came out, Just like the day GM put there true HP and TQ numbers out they raised their numbers but NOT in the sales books.... LOL....
    Last edited by Enkeiavalanche; 03-07-2012 at 05:32 AM.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X