GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Legend

Blog Entries

The front end reminds me of the Dodge Ram 1500 and the box lines look similar to the Colorado.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

The fog lights are almost the same size as the headlights!

2003 single cab stepside Chev 1500, 6" rough coutnry lift, 4' firestick cb whips, cobra ltd cb radio.
    Next mods: flowmaster 10series muffler and exhaust (in process)
    1.5" zone body lift
    315/70r16 cooper stt once the 305s wear out

Sold-1996 Audi A4 lowered on H&R ultra low coils running 19" mercedes wheels, limo tint, borla exhaust
    New ride 96 VW jetta lowered 2.0l 5 spd

Legend

Blog Entries

For me, it will take some getting used to. Like Red, I'd like to see it once it is in the hands of an enthusiast and it starts getting "modded" up. Something about it being stock just doesn't look right. Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing so many sweet rides on here that have been individualized.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

I like it, different, the front lower valance and fog lights blend together well for me.
    Envisioning it with a billet grill insert, a billet grill in the lower valance area, color cordinate the valence area that isnt covered by billet, fat tall tires, a dropped level stance that tucks the tires under the edge of the fender, a flat bed cover with a slight flare built into the tail thats blended with the existing line and a two tone color combo I think it'd be a very sharp truck.
    This appears to be a mock-up so we'll see what the actual product looks like.
    Dang might have to see about trading my 4 month old truck for a new one already.

I think the dodge-like appearance on the front is interesting... but the grille is too big in relation to everything else.

That being said, I'd say that's definitely a photoshop. The headlights are the exact same ones as the current, just compressed and tilted. I don't really see GM going to 5 lug wheels, and the front bumper is just the current one that has had the end caps extended upward, the center valance stretched outward, and the grilled extended downward where the metal bar would be. It is also very similar to this shot of a 2012 that I flipped to match the direction it is facing. I'm guessing the original probably came from the same photo shoot:

Here are some spy photos of new GM trucks from Car & Driver's website... notice the crew cab has a new cab design (top of cab is different), different mirrors (for the non-towing ones), projector headlights from the looks of it, 6 lug wheels, etc. It also looks like the extended cab could have normal doors that don't need the front ones to be open. I also see what could be a new interior in the shot that is looking somewhat in the window.

Last edited by pmf608; 03-08-2012 at 01:00 PM.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    I think the dodge-like appearance on the front is interesting... but the grille is too big in relation to everything else.

That being said, I'd say that's definitely a photoshop. The headlights are the exact same ones as the current, just compressed and tilted. I don't really see GM going to 5 lug wheels, and the front bumper is just the current one that has had the end caps extended upward, the center valance stretched outward, and the grilled extended downward where the metal bar would be. It is also very similar to this shot of a 2012 that I flipped to match the direction it is facing. I'm guessing the original probably came from the same photo shoot:

Here are some spy photos of new GM trucks from Car & Driver's website... notice the crew cab has a new cab design (top of cab is different), different mirrors (for the non-towing ones), projector headlights from the looks of it, 6 lug wheels, etc. It also looks like the extended cab could have normal doors that don't need the front ones to be open. I also see what could be a new interior in the shot that is looking somewhat in the window.

Yes I agree with you on this being a photoshop. I also saw those spy photos but its hard to really tell whats going on under those body pads and the camo tape. I guess we won't know until early to mid 2013. Im anxiously waiting!!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,

That front bumper looks like a double chin..... it just doesn't fit.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    That front bumper looks like a double chin..... it just doesn't fit.
    The more I look at it, that is a photoshop and it looks nothing like the spy photos. The headlight lines aren't even close. probably a rendering from an artist that works at Car and Driver.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER

Ill keep my '09 I dont like the front end

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    The more I look at it, that is a photoshop and it looks nothing like the spy photos. The headlight lines aren't even close. probably a rendering from an artist that works at Car and Driver.
    definitely agree with you there. IMO: That photoshopped pic looks badass. I will say that yes, the grille looks MASSIVE vs the rest of the pickup. But I've been waiting for them to bring back an aggressive look, and that's exactly what it is. I was a little disappointed in the NBS pickups vs the OBS because they completely lost the aggression in the front end. Dodge was on the right track with their NBS appearance.. i will never ever own a dodge pickup because lets face it...they just dont hold up and 3 years after rolling off the assembly line things will be falling off of it. (I test drove a brand new one had 22miles on it.. when i hit about 75 on the hwy the mirror cover flew off and i ran over it.. case in point) back to this truck, if it turns out looking aggressive like the C&D mag.. I'll be in line to get mine. That thing would look sick taking the approach I'm taking with Truck Norris!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast