GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry sitting at walmart and got sideswiped...ideas?

i was parked in walmart and when i walked out to my truck i noticed there were white paint scrape marks and scratches down the side of the driver side of the bed. was wondering if anybody knows a cheaper fix or maybe a good wax to buff it to see if thatll take away the scratches at least
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-08-03_14-28-17_220.jpg   2012-08-03_14-28-27_304.jpg   2012-08-03_14-27-40_136.jpg  
    Last edited by lindsaynuts8; 08-03-2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: post pictures of the damage
    99 chevy 1500 silverado 4.8 vortec True 2.5' dual exhaust with 3' Silver vein tips and vx muffler, 2005 tail light swap, mb tko 16" matte black rims Upcoming mods:HID headlights, 2" leveling kit

Master Mechanic

I don't like these kinds of stories; sorry to hear this happened!
    Can you take a pic of the damage so the members can get a better idea of what you're up against? Some of the damage may be fixable by your own doing. also, you have to be careful with who you have buff your vehicle because sometimes they can make the damage look worse but leaving swirl marks.

I hate inconsiderate/stupid people

I know your pain, twice a basket has been thrown at my car and left considerable damage. One is a deep scratch that I've gotten looked at the has been decided the fender should jus be replaced and another is the corner of the bumper and it literally took chunks out of the bumper.I hate people..

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

First I would stay away from that store who shall remain nameless. I would try Mothers brand of rubbing compound. It comes in different levels of "grit". But the first thing you need to try and see if it broke through to the primer or even deeper. If it is deep and hit the primer or deeper some paint is needed. Stuff like this is why I park as far out and away from people I as I possibly can.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

i got pics up now. and that stinks u had that happen to u :(
    99 chevy 1500 silverado 4.8 vortec True 2.5' dual exhaust with 3' Silver vein tips and vx muffler, 2005 tail light swap, mb tko 16" matte black rims Upcoming mods:HID headlights, 2" leveling kit

ok. i know the scratch thats it the biggest has cut thru the primer. i can actually feel the thickness so thats something im gonna have to actually paint. but thanks ill try it and see if it helps. thanks so much

I've been keyed twice now and every time was lucky enough to get most of it out with a buffer. Try that and if it don't work you'll have to look into some paint work
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

was ur signature picture taken at walmart? cause if so thats funny as hell lol

Wow. There's no way the person who did that didn't know it. AKA hit and run. LAME.

yea. i was gonna ask to see there cameras but i dont even wanna bother. ill just fix it. i mean the trucks not perfect so if it buffs out thatd be great but if not ill just leave it. im looking into fixing the rockers and repainting the truck in a year or so

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast