GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Priest, thief, and engineer

A priest, a thief and an engineer are all slated to be executed by guillotine. The priest is to be dispatched first and the executioner asks him:

“How do you want to face on the guillotine?”

The priest responds:

“With my face up, looking toward heaven.”

The executioner accedes and the priest is laid face up on the guillotine. The executioner pulls the cord; the blade drops, and then miraculously stops within mere inches of the priest’s neck. The gathered witnesses gasp in astonishment. Everybody agrees that it is a miracle and sign of divine intervention and the priest’s life is spared.

The thief is next. When the executioner asks how he’d like to be positioned the thief responds:

“With my face up, looking toward heaven.”

The executioner complies, and the thief is laid down face up. The cord is pulled. The blade falls, and, as
    with the priest the blade stops inches from the thief’s neck. Again the witnesses gasp. They can understand
    a miracle occurring with the priest but with a thief! Nonetheless, they take it as a sign from God, and release
    the thief.

Finally, it’s the engineer’s turn. Like the other two he wishes to be executed face up, looking toward heaven. The executioner lays him down, but before he can pull the cord the engineer yells out:

“Stop! Stop!”

The executioner pauses, and the engineer, looking up at the guillotine says, “I think I see the problem.”

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Sr. Apprentice

THANKS I needed that.
    2008,2500 silverado,k-n filter,flowmaster 7o series muff. linex bedliner.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Sweet is that the same engineer that thought it would be a good idea to hang the the wire harness and controller box / fittings for the abs breaks with a 6" drop loop in the drivers side front wheel well........lmao... mentally preparing myself for when the terrain rips it apart on one of my tracks lmao, i will think of this post when that day comes ......

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dog View Post
    Sweet is that the same engineer that thought it would be a good idea to hang the the wire harness and controller box / fittings for the abs breaks with a 6" drop loop in the drivers side front wheel well........lmao... mentally preparing myself for when the terrain rips it apart on one of my tracks lmao, i will think of this post when that day comes ......
    Yup, same engineer/ or group of engineers . Goal is to get parts business more revenue.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"