GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Engine Stumbling on takeoffs and accelleration

'92 350 that likes to stutter when you take off from a stop and when you accelerate when your passing someone. When i don't use the overdrive it runs allot better but still acts up once in a wile. I've replaced the fuel filter, cleaned the TBI, and replaced the O2 sensor witch seemed to work for about two days but then went back to her old ways so i threw another O2 sensor in and it didn't even do anything. I'm stuck and the code readers wouldn't even say their connected. Any help would be much appreciated.

92 350? as in a ford one-ton? Engine size? miles? you'll get more help posting better information about the vehicle in question bud

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

I'm sorry. its a 1992 1500 5.7 liter (350) with 135 thousand on the odometer

much better lol.. so does it feel like an actual misfire? When was the last plug/wire/cap/rotor change done?

Yes it does feel like a misfire sometimes but it usually isn't that severe. forgot to mention that i also replaced the plugs, the wires looked fine and i haven't even touched the distributer

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

i think i just awnsered my own question. ill probably be getting a cap and rotor set tomorrow

What do you mean your plug wires "looked good"? Brand new wires can fail, particularly if they are el-cheap-os from the Zone. I have seen several sets of brand new garden variety cheapie wires fail right out of the box... and they "looked good" too. Your truck should have AC Delco wires and plugs. If you have anything else in there, it can cause problems.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

You might want to get some mass airflow sensor cleaner and try cleaning that, I had the same problem on my 97 k1500 and it fixed the problem. Cheap fix
    Josh-Michigan
    1997 Silverado 4x4

replaced the cap and rotor and she runs beautiful now. by what i mean by the plug wires "looking good" was i took a muti-meter and checked the resistance on them, should have been more clear on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowan1357 View Post
    replaced the cap and rotor and she runs beautiful now. by what i mean by the plug wires "looking good" was i took a muti-meter and checked the resistance on them, should have been more clear on that.
    Badass! Glad I could help ya solve your issue bud