GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Wheel Adapters.

Question Wheel Adapters.

Does anyone run wheel adapters on their truck? If you do, how much were they and where did you buy them? Im looking at trying to find another set as for my first set was poorly made and broke. My truck looks stupid now personally b/c my back tires are stuck in even and front tires stick out about 2 inches from the wheel well. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advanced.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

You are talking about spacers then right? Not bolt hole adapters?
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash

Each site i look at they are either considered adapters or spacers. I was told that b/c i need my tires to stick out that i need adapters. Here is one website i found- http://www.motorsport-tech.com/special/truck/chevy_s Im looking at the 2inch. keep same bolt pattern but just make the tires stick out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevi084x4 View Post
    You are talking about spacers then right? Not bolt hole adapters?

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

OOO ok i understand now. You are looking for some serious sizes haha i gotcha. Ive never gone that big but they look pretty sturdy. What were you running before?

Quote Originally Posted by sfdefender24 View Post
    Each site i look at they are either considered adapters or spacers. I was told that b/c i need my tires to stick out that i need adapters. Here is one website i found- http://www.motorsport-tech.com/special/truck/chevy_s Im looking at the 2inch. keep same bolt pattern but just make the tires stick out.
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash

I was running some of the 1.5" from a wheel and tire shop here in hampton, va and they seemed to be sturdy but after a few months of drive around, but yesterday when i went to rotate my tires 2 studs on each of the spacers/adapters snapped off. When I called to ask about the warranty they said they no longer have a warranty on those b/c of so many complaints and that they import them. So now im looking to buy adapters that are made in America that wont snap on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevi084x4 View Post
    OOO ok i understand now. You are looking for some serious sizes haha i gotcha. Ive never gone that big but they look pretty sturdy. What were you running before?

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

The breakage you found on your adaptors/spacers is one of the best reasons not to use them, this is one of the common problems with spacers, other problems are early wheel bearing failure, loose lug nuts, and lug studs pulling out.
    Have you considered using a different style wheel and a little less back spacing?
    I'm guessing your using this much spacing to achieve a certain look or to clear suspension components with the tire/rims but spacers that wide can really become a hazard, your axle isnt designed to take that kind of loading and sooner or later your gonna have parts failure.

The reason I was using them is bc my front tires stick out from the wheel well, and I want my rear tires to do the same. The backspace is what rough country says to use for there big lift. I have thought about changing the backspace when I get new rims and tires at the end of the year.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

Quote Originally Posted by sfdefender24 View Post
    The reason I was using them is bc my front tires stick out from the wheel well, and I want my rear tires to do the same. The backspace is what rough country says to use for there big lift. I have thought about changing the backspace when I get new rims and tires at the end of the year.
    Kind of what I was thinking.
    I'm not a fan of spacers, I've seen to many failures from them.
    Probably the only type axle that doesnt have problems using spacers is a full floating axle.
    But in this case there really isnt to many ways to go, probably the best method would be new wheels but that takes $$.

i figure if i cant get any info on a company that makes something thats really unlikely to break im just gonna sell my rough country lift and buy a lift that doesnt make the track width much wider then stock. like a fabtech, bds or pro comp. not sure yet.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"