Results 1 to 10 of 54
Thread: Boulder's '03 Avalanche Z71
11-03-2009, 02:52 AM #1
Boulder's '03 Avalanche Z71 *UPDATED 11-2*
This is my truck... It's nothing special, but I love it. All work on it was done by me. It's a slow process, since it's my only vehicle at the moment... but I think it's come along nicely since I bought it.
- 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 4X4
- 5.3L V8 Engine / Automatic Tansmission
- 4-Door truck with a collapable mid-gate
- Towing Package
Here's what it looked like the day I bought it... (Click for larger image)
The first round of mods were the basics...
- 20" MB Motoring "Yuma" Wheels - Black
- New Tires
- AVS Marker LIght Covers
- Carriage Works Billet Brill - Black
- Westin Bull Bar - Black w/ Stainless Steel Skid Plate
- Billet Shorty Antenna - Black
- 20% tint on the front windows to match the rear
- FlowMaster Super 44 Muffler Back exhaust
- MagnaFlow Exhaust Tips - 2.5" in - 4" out
- K&N 77-Series Intake
Plus I installed some emergency lighting and equipment. I run with 2 ambulance companies and a fire department in my area.
- Whelen R2LP Responder Mini Lightbar
- 2 Whelen 700 Series Linear LED's (Behind the grill)
- 2 Whelen TIR-3's (Mounted between bumper and tailgate)
- Motorla M1225 VHF Mobile Radio
- Galls XL400 Digital Switchbox
- Jotto Desk Contour Console
Last edited by TritonBoulder47; 11-02-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Updates
Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder
2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV
Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer
Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...
11-03-2009, 02:53 AM #2
And this is the most recent round of mods.
- All on High Headlight mod
- Full Time DRL mod
- All on Taillight Mod
- Two 5.5" Fog Lights on the Bull Bar
- Four 3" Fog Lights Mounted behind the Upper Grill
- Replaced all door speakers with Kenwood KFC-1662s 6.5's
- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X990 Head Unit
- Custom Head UNit Bezel from HUMount.com
- Sirius StarMate 4 Satellite Radio Head
- Upgraded lightbar to a Whelen 9622 Edge (12 strobes, take-downs, aleeys, rear flashers, rear work lilghts)
- Whelen Dual Talon (mounted on the bottom of the back glass)
Plus I made a little vid... It's nothing fancy, but it gets the point across...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vWX4qtFXlQ"]YouTube- 2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71 - Lighitng Package[/ame]
I'm currently working on a box to replace my mid-gate. It's gonna hold my 2 Kicker COMP VR 12's, and I might mount my Alpine MRD M300 on it too...
In the construction I used 2 full sheets of 3/4 MDF, 3 bottles of wood glue, 2 tubes of liquid nails, and 4 cans of rubberized undercoating...
I also painted my speaker grills... It may be cheesy, but I think it looks good...
I had a Dupli-Color Ice Paint kit in my one storage cabinet, so I decided to dress them up a bit... I may even throw some paint on my amp too... I have a couple of Dupli-Color red/blue color change paint kits too... LoL
Thanks for checkin out my Truck... PLease, any comment/questions/complaints are welcome...
Last edited by TritonBoulder47; 12-22-2009 at 11:42 PM.
11-03-2009, 08:41 AM #3
It looks pretty good. I'm not so sure about the center console, but if it works for you more to you my friend. However, I do like what you've done under the stereo.
11-03-2009, 09:22 AM #4
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- Norwalk, Ohio
- Blog Entries
Welcome to the site!
That is one of the coolest looking Avalanche's I have seen, now you just need a little bit of a lift kit and that would complete the kit. Awesome lights too, Whelen is the best from what I have heard.2004 Chevy Colorado
LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap
11-03-2009, 05:57 PM #5
11-03-2009, 06:06 PM #6
Welcome to the site. WOW verry nice truck, you gunna lift it??
11-03-2009, 06:08 PM #7
11-03-2009, 06:09 PM #8
11-03-2009, 08:16 PM #9
Very nice looking truckDavid
2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
1960 Land Rover Series II 88
2001 Pontiac Sunfire
2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
NRA Life Member
11-03-2009, 09:00 PM #10
By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBayReplies: 1Last: 04-29-2010, 07:21 AM
By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBayReplies: 0Last: 03-09-2010, 09:00 AM
By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBayReplies: 0Last: 02-08-2010, 03:40 AM
By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBayReplies: 0Last: 01-27-2010, 01:40 PM
By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)Replies: 0Last: 09-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Tags for this Thread