GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Lightbulb My 1998 K1500 Silverado Z71 Picture Log

Basically this is the only acceptable location I found for the type of thread I'm creating. I'm going to just keep a picture log book of the truck as I take on task to improve it. I'll start with a few regular how it is now pictures. The first being my first top off at the gas station (79 bucks from E!!!!)

Will snap a few from different angles tomorrow. I took off the toolbox and the rail guards already (wanted more bed space). First task coming up is replacing the exterior door handles and the interior power mirror switch.

I guess follow along if you want to see the truck as it progresses!!! Thanks for viewing (mods/admin if this is the wrong place for this type of thread let me know)

98 Silverado Z71 Ext Cab 5.7 V8 | ION Alloy Black Machined/Chrome Wheels
    Spectrum Cold Air Intake | More to come...

Legend

Blog Entries

You're in the right place for this type of thread....and it's definitely a good one to start. It's fun to watch someone's pride and joy grow over time. Your body style is one of my favorites and am looking forward to watching the progress.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Master Mechanic

Another good idea is to post pics under your profile. It makes it easier for members to quickly check out your ride. In example when I put on my new grille i added a new pic but kept an old one up that had the old grille on it.

Few More "stock" pictures (I say stock cause this is as I bought it)

Side Driver's Side

Back Corner Driver's Side

Passenger's Side

Front

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

sweet RideClick image for larger version. 

Name:	dirty dog #1a.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	36135

Thanks Dirty Dog!!!

Here's a couple more and then my first projects to tackle (likely tomorrow evening if parts show up).

Interior Driver's Side

Rear

First Project = Replacing Door Handles (Driver's Side is busted going to replace both at same time to keep 'em uniform)

Second Project = Replacing the Power Mirror Switch

Also going to try and clean the carpet better, possibly this weekend if weather is nice. Will take out both seats for this job!!!

Lastly going to put fresh Z71 decals on it, the driver's side is in bad shape and the passenger's side isn't much better.

damn nice ride you got!!
    Warren
    from texas

1995 chevy suburban 1500

Master Mechanic

Truck is looking good! I 2nd the hurt on filling up from E which is why my truck is getting the new nick name of lawn ornament. Keep the mods and pics coming! I like the lower light covers, are you looking to black out your ride more?

looking good man!

one of my favorite body styles. Cant wait to see what else you do with it.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I like others think that is the best body style. I also like to see the build threads. Keep the pics and mods coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by