GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Not a Typical Question

I've been researching the purchase of a 2012 GMC Sierra W/T with a very few options. The dealers I have contacted (email only) have not been able to locate a vehicle I that will meet my need in a truck. When I have suggested making an order from the factory it falls on deaf ears. Any suggestions for me to be able to change this attitude on my own?
    Last edited by Goldie; 02-06-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    I've been researching the purchase of a 2012 GMC Sierra W/T with a very few options. The dealers I have contacted (email only) have not been able to locate a vehicle I that will meet my need in a truck. When I have suggested making an order from the factory it falls on deaf ears. Any suggestions for me to be able to change this attitude on my own?
    goldie,

I would suggest calling the dealership about your order. If that action is not received by the dealer I would be happy to locate another dealer near you that you can place an order with. Please let me know, thank you.

Sincerely,
    Evan, GM Customer service

Evan - O.K. Let me know what dealer I can place an order with, please. Since I wrote my original message, I've tried twice to order I truck and keep getting the run around fro local dealers. I wish I could lodge a complaint with someone that would make a difference.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

You just did... She will help you..The dealers problem is that they don't make much from selling Stripped WT trucks and they want to sell what's on the lot. My old landlord in NY had the same problem with Grand Prize Chevy in NY. So I spoke to a dealer for him in the Bear Mt area and they got him what he wanted..

WT 2 wd with 8ft bed in Red.. I got him some Acc's like Bug shield,Ventvisors,Running boards, Liner and a Topper and he loves it...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

goldie,

There are several GMC dealerships near your area. I don't know which ones you have tried but here is a list:
    HARBOR CHEVROLET BUICK GMC

• Distance: 9.2 Miles
    • 9911 WEST 300 NORTH
    • MICHIGAN CITY, IN 46360-9317
    • Certified Internet Manager: Jeff Martin
    • Phone: (219) 879-6789

PAUL SUR BUICK-GMC, INC.

• Distance: 10.9 Miles
    • 1551 W US 30
    • VALPARAISO, IN 46385-6243
    • Certified Internet Manager: Brad Recker
    • Phone: (219) 462-1168

SCHEPEL BUICK-GMC, INC.

• Distance: 19.1 Miles
    • 3209 W LINCOLN HWY
    • MERRILLVILLE, IN 46410-5150
    • Certified Internet Manager: Tim Tedesco
    • Phone: (219) 769-6381

SAUERS BUICK GMC

• Distance: 19.4 Miles
    • 1900 E LINCOLNWAY
    • LA PORTE, IN 46350-8071
    • Certified Internet Manager: James Davis
    • Phone: (219) 326-7474

CIRCLE BUICK GMC, INC.

• Distance: 21.8 Miles
    • 2440 45TH ST
    • HIGHLAND, IN 46322-2603
    • Certified Internet Manager: Eric Druktenis
    • Phone: (219) 865-4400

I hope this helps!

Evan, GM Customer Service

This seems to be a common problem with many dealers, last November when I was looking for a truck I was told by more than half the dealerships in the DFW area that they wouldnt order a truck unless it was a multi vehicle deal, they want to sell dealer stock and have no interest in looking outside their dealership.
    There were three dealerships in particular that checked my financing, knew I had the funds to buy, and refused to order anything, insisted if I bought from them it would be something in stock.

The next time I buy new, which will be quite a ways down the road as my current plans for my truck will keep me busy for a while, I have every intention of ordering it exactly how I want from the factory. I understand dealerships don't like to do this as they want to unload their stock, but the way I figure it, there are also so many dealerships elsewhere, I'll be more than happy to go elsewhere. I have no issue with the dealership making a little money for facilitating everything. They need to make something too. I just have no patience for trying to talk me into what I don't want or charging me too much.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy09LTZCrew View Post
    The next time I buy new, which will be quite a ways down the road as my current plans for my truck will keep me busy for a while, I have every intention of ordering it exactly how I want from the factory. I understand dealerships don't like to do this as they want to unload their stock, but the way I figure it, there are also so many dealerships elsewhere, I'll be more than happy to go elsewhere. I have no issue with the dealership making a little money for facilitating everything. They need to make something too. I just have no patience for trying to talk me into what I don't want or charging me too much.
    I went through the same thing back in Oct 06 and again today for my new truck. I'm just glad the dealership I got my 07 from is still in business and also sells GMC. They will get every dollar I spend on a new vehicle. Good customer service is hard to find.

^^^^^^

So very true. Customer service when you can find it is worth its weight it gold. Imo.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I drove 556 miles to a dealership cause they had mine on the lot that I wanted and all I got was a runaround on the whole deal. first salesman thought I was blowing smoke up his arse. finally had to ask for another salesman and got him to believe me that I was going to buy thier truck and then when I showed up to get it, it was dirty, not ready for me to take delivery, found scratches all over the bed rails. oh did I mention with tax and everything I was laying down almost 45k for this truck. What a joke this dealership was. Anyways this rants for the dealership review area anyway. just saying

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper