GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Default Explaining myself/picking on dodge trucks....

Ok I have sorta taken a little heat from some friends around here at home, not on this site but via email and phone calls from my dodge driving buddies and not so much buddies ... But I am a big boy and i can take it... not really but thats my story and i am sticking to it . so here it is I am sure that most of you that have read or follow any of my posts or threads are aware I like to pick on dodge trucks and the folks that drive them ,,, its all in good fun and i never mean any harm.... but I was in the city yesterday and came across something you all should see ... and you will understand the rivalry is strong here in Sask, for the sales of trucks and with the folks that drive them....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo12.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	36878Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	36879

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo11.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	36880
    So they say a picture says a thousand words, so i will shut up now and let you see for yourself what its like up here,,, please know this is all in good fun.....Pic 1 found had to post ,,,pic 2.. Zoom in please,,,, pic 3... i think they tried to pull the chevy with the front bumper and save the hitch cover....Looks like they can't even follow the instructions... from these pics,,,, and sorry but didn't feel like putting the effort in to flip them around.......
    Hope you understand my picking on dodge folks now.....

The only thing I ever questioned with your picking on dodges was "why bother?" Fords, I'll pick on, but it's more out of mutual respect. I prefer Chevy's, but Ford can put together a pretty nice truck as well. As for dodges.... I've driven a couple of dodges. My wife used to have a Durango and had a buddy who's Ram I drove a couple of times. Both experiences have made me feel more pity for dodge owners rather than full on rivalry.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Its hard for me to pick on fords to much i have to many of my own lol.... and all my Ford buddies are so use to it the pay me no mind ,,,, the Dodge folks well I guess i get them going a bit .... and it really is all in good fun.... we all have fun up here.... Ford Dodge GMC Chevys Toyotas too....

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Ok if you ever wonder what its like up here check this out...... lmao...... SASK boys and their toys........
    Its on the information hi-way... just turn left at the internet....

...............UMMM>.youtube.com/watch?v=G-l-br9KKBQ

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

>>>> I will let you decide,,, but i think the gm's did the thing but could be a 50/50 thing too!!!!!! NAHHH!!!! GM"S KICKED IT AGAIN lmao

My mom's husband is a die hard Ford guy. When he bought his last truck about 6 years ago they went out and test drove a few different trucks and makes. He wanted a 3/4 ton diesel to pull their 36' camper with. He went and test drove a Super Duty and didn't like it then went and test drove a dodge. He wouldn't go near a GM truck cause he would NEVER EVER live that down. Well I still give him hell over the fact my 98 Wrangler had to drag his f150 home cause it broke down. Well he ended up with an 02 (I thiink) Ram. He has been lucky in the fact it hasn't had many issues since he bought it. I keep asking him If you are such a Ford guy, why is there a Dodge in your driveway?"

Its not so much picking on Dodges, I love picking HEMI trucks. I don't even bother with the 4.7 guys, its a waste of time. It really pisses the NBS dodge hemi guys off when I tell them their truck is slow.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 07XCSB View Post
    Its not so much picking on Dodges, I love picking HEMI trucks. I don't even bother with the 4.7 guys, its a waste of time. It really pisses the NBS dodge hemi guys off when I tell them their truck is slow.
    HAHAHAH ---I get the same responses up here......:out::out::out::out:

My buddy's got the new rt 1500 that thing is fast, last night we had a lil drag race me in the 65. And I ran him to 100 it was kinda close thanks in huge part to the 4.10 he's got in the rear
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Yer they tend to be fast & shinny ,,,, when they are new,,,,, and letting him win was very nice of you ...to help with building up his immunity to buyers remorse....

He went from an f150 to a dodge idk what he is thinking. His dad will only drive a dmax so idk where he gets it from either, if I wasn't worried bout my truck I would have smoked him I got him by over 100 horse I think. I'm right at 500
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast