GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Ok not many posters here about getting stuck, but here, where i live, it just happens, no need to think it has an adverse affect on what we think of your driving skills,,,,,, its all about how many trucks tractors and rigging it takes you to get unstuck the we rate your driving skills on,,,,,

So I promised you a story of the best stuck ever,,, well here it is, we call it " I ton water truck/duckClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ever been this stuck.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	36494

The truck: GMC Tow Truck, bought at auction for 1500.00 in 1990,, sold the wrecker, lights and safety gear 2900.00 , and needed a water truck in a hurry, so we strapped on a 250 gallon polly tank a 3 inch fill pump and a 1 inch pressure pump add 300 ft of high pressure hose some racks and mounting and you have a built in a day water truck.....
    Worked it all day hauling filling and dumping, last run of the day, we ran the tank dry, drained the pumps and laid the hose out down hill so no risk of freezing over night and would be ready to go at 6 am.........
    6 am the next morning go to get the truck ........its gone...... vanished...... we left it right here on the top of the hill in bull low and the park brake engaged........ ohhh Wait there is the hose way down the hill but its facing up hill ..... thats so weird... follow the 300 ft of hose, ohhh found the truck, in bull low with the park brake still engaged in the creek, all most floating .... well lets get the loader and getter out, nope loader won't pull it, ok lets get the truck and tie it to the loader and the two should pull it out,,, Nope,,, ok now what.. this is when the first rule of custom shop work comes to play, in the field ....if it don't fit get a hammer, if it still don't fit get a bigger hammer.... well we call the neighbour and he came over with his big massy,,, that will pull it for sure,,, nope Neighbour goes back home puts on the duallies, with a snort and grunt it finally tugged that water truck out,,, ok now if we were all at home and the truck was in bull low and park brake engaged, How did this truck end up in the Creek????

that night we repeated our exact steps of the night before, but this time we waited and watched , of course we had a bottle of Jack,Ice and some cola we hung out had a few drinks while watching the truck and listening to some good tunes... half way through the bottle we noticed the truck had moved 12 feet, down hill, no one was near it it just moved,,,, so we drank the rest of the bottle and barked at the moon as we discovered that this truck was really a water truck, or duck......it back click of a cog approx. every 3 sec click... click... click... down the hill towards the creek. apparently the park brakes were not grabbing,, ever been this stuck?

dont have any pictues, but i buried my neighbors 7230 case ih magnum tractor with a grain cart. drove over a tile line that was a whole lot wetter then it looked. went home, got the big magnum (mx240, front and rear duals) plus a grain truck, dumoed some grain out of the cart into the truck, pulled the truck out with the 240, then went back and pulled out the 7230 and the cart. total time? 2 hours. lots of shoveling and log chain pulling and resetting and so on.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Default Day two

I Guess we dropped the water level by almost 3ft and it was enough for the geese to pas us bye, but there were a few this morning but Mystic was out before us, so she may have done her job and chased them off ....... but you can see a few geese stopped in for a pic ohhh you can see the creek bank too...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	36506

I have friends in MN who do a lot of mudding. Looks to be really fun but the hills of Tennessee don't lend themselves to good mudding spots. Plus my Burb is only 2wd. It's somewhat flatter back home but most years there's not enough precip to make real good mud. Here they have reasonably normal seasons with the exception of this winter. Wasn't quite as cold as last year but was still cold. However it always warmed up before any precip showed up. Back home we have 4 seasons, but 2 of them have the same name so it's really 3 LOL. Start the new year in winter (before I moved to this part of the country I'd never seen less than 6" of snow fall at once), then it's tornado season, summer, tornado season again, and then we finish the year back in winter. Some years each of the two tornado seasons last longer than others, and naturally I've seen 'em every month of the year.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

I am Back lmao,,,, just come back from the other side of the valley... this is the Paul stuck..... today.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0506.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	37513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0502.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	37514
    we took a video of it too!
    fun in the mud in the Sask sun.....

You can find the raw footage on youtube at Land of the living skies hydef films channel.....

It sucks getting stuck while trying to get work done, but its a blast in the off time.

I love your TopKick! I had a K4500 Chevy company truck like yours with a wrecker bed. 1 of the best trucks I got to drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12