GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Seat cover questions

So im looking to do something with the stock cloth seats. Not being a forward thinker, I have the black cloth interior and a white dog.....He never gets in the truck, except for what hair is on the clothing. The two options I'm looking at are: 1. I found Katzkin on Ebay for $550.00. You have to remove the cloth and basically reskin the seat (or pay someone to do it). 2. I looked at Clazzio, about $450.00. They are seat covers that seem pretty close to OEM when installed.

I'm aware of the Katzkin name, but was wondering if anyone has used the Clazzio. I watched a video and it doesnt seem that hard.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by dock420; 03-14-2012 at 12:12 AM.

Never let the dog in the truck?

Sell the truck.

Dogs & trucks are like pizza & beer. They belong together.

My burb has a nose high dogsnot smear stripe inside all my windows.

Katskin is very good. Never heard of the other brand.

Sr. Apprentice

Alright-let me rephrase....I don't let the wife's white dog in the car, but my Malinois is a frequent traveler...Somehow I knew I would catch it for the no dog comment.

katz is leather. I don't think they make cloth kits. (I could be wrong on this... so don't flame me if I am!) I am not much on "Seat Covers"... Given a few months, they start to look like a$$. For that kind of money, you could probably find some OEM seats in the boneyard. Double it and get a set of conversion truck seats.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Sr. Apprentice

The katzkin is a leather set that comes in a kit. The clazzio has 2 options 1 is leather seating area and vinyl sides and 2 is all vinyl. They made a youtube video that's about 9 minutes and did it to an f150. It looks kinda cool, but I don't know the long term look and feel.

Legend

Blog Entries

I've haven't heard anything good or bad regarding clazzio, but have hear many good things about Katzkin. Although the after pics are missing, check out this thread from @99'HEARTBEAT as it contains some great comments. He installed his Katzkin last fall and I know he is extremely happy with the quality and look. If he catches this thread, he may put back up the after pictures....it looks like something changed with his photo-bucket upload.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...hlight=Katzkin

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by dock420 View Post
    Alright-let me rephrase....I don't let the wife's white dog in the car, but my Malinois is a frequent traveler...Somehow I knew I would catch it for the no dog comment.
    Hee Hee, glad you laughed at it. all in fun. Malinois are such beautiful dogs. All German Shephards wanna grow up to be a Belgian Malinois

Have you checked with your local dealer. My Chevy dealer installed factory leather seat covers on my 07 Silverado for 580 plus tax.

I have Cover Craft seat covers in my truck. I have the same issue with dog hair. I have a Yellow Lab and a Jack Russell Terror. They don't get to ride in the truck much. But when they do they stay in the back seat. I put a cheap dog seat cover I got from Petsmart on those occasions. The covers I have are neoprene and the dog hair comes off the front seat pretty easily. The other nice thing is I can take the covers off the seat and toss them in the wash machine.