GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Speed-o-meter bulbs

I was wondering what I should do? The dash bulbs for my instrament cluster ( can't spell) went out on the spedometer and hot/cold temp gauage. I was wondering if anyone new what type of bulbs they are to replace them ( if its that easy).

Or is there another option that I have to do thats going to cost me $$$.. I figured I would ask before I start to take apart my dash.

Thanks
    06 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext. Cab
    Mods:
    285/70/17 toyo open country AT's. TSC low profile tool box, Line-X BedLiner, Car-Well rubber underbody spray, Pro Comp Leveling Kit, 3in body lift, Sony double dash touch screen cd player, Airaide intake, Poweraid TBS. 20% front, windshield. 5% rear tints. 4x6 alpine and 6 1/2 Hertz audio in doors. (still sounds terrible) Chrome nerf bars (looking to sell) came with truck. BDS steering stabilizer

They're soldered in on the 06's. You can remove/replace them, yourself, if you have good hands for solder work. There are also places online to whom you can ship your instrument cluster for repair. Don't replace the whole cluster unless you plan to have the dealership program it with your mileage ... as it's stored in the cluster.

Sr. Engineer

Yuup soldered in on 06 up . Can send cluster to dealer have them do it . Maybe recall on this.
    Go to rockauto.com type what you want will show.
    RESIDENT NUT.....MY CLAIM TO FAME .....

Sr. Apprentice

Thanks guys.... I was really hoping that wasn't the case. Right now I'm short for cash. In the process of moving to Missouri from New York. (LOWER TAXES!!! LOL) not the case but stilll true. I will check out the website dipstick. Looks like I'll be buying a FORD next lol. JK

Seems to me GM has had a lot of problems with the cluster going out (from what I read)
    06 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext. Cab
    Mods:
    285/70/17 toyo open country AT's. TSC low profile tool box, Line-X BedLiner, Car-Well rubber underbody spray, Pro Comp Leveling Kit, 3in body lift, Sony double dash touch screen cd player, Airaide intake, Poweraid TBS. 20% front, windshield. 5% rear tints. 4x6 alpine and 6 1/2 Hertz audio in doors. (still sounds terrible) Chrome nerf bars (looking to sell) came with truck. BDS steering stabilizer