GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Jr. Apprentice

Default Rigid Industries - Nice Product

I picked up a set of the rigid industries dually LED lights. The housing is very sturdy and overall seems like a quality product. I cut squares into the bottom portion of my nbs silverado grill. Turned out great. Sit a little bit in from the chrome strip on the grill.

Also, couldn't believe how bright they are for drawing less power then my turn signal.

I would recommend these to anyone looking into off road lights.
    2004 Silvy ext cab LS. 5.3L superchip and upgraded tranny. 6 inch Full Traction lift and 2 inch body, 3/4 leaf springs, nfab steps, rigid industries LED. 35 inch Kelly Safari TSR. Alpine deck, bose speakers, ten inch sub.

Legend

Blog Entries

You should post some pics...maybe even a shot where you had to do a little bit of cutting. It may be helpful to others who are considering the same type of set up. Glad you're happy with them, they sound great.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    You should post some pics...maybe even a shot where you had to do a little bit of cutting. It may be helpful to others who are considering the same type of set up. Glad you're happy with them, they sound great.
    I will try and snap some today/tomorrow night. I was kind of torn on offroad lights at first. I did not want to drop coin on a light bar, nor did I want to bolt lights to my bumper. This was a nice compromise and looks clean imo. I will be painting the plastic grill mesh black to match the lights.

Legend

Blog Entries

That'd be great. I'm sure there a many people floating around here that are in that same boat, thus are always in need of examples to look at and hear about.

Thanks!

Master Mechanic

Yep...definitely needs some pictures to see end results. Little tip on taking pictures of LEDs, take the picture around dusk and a foot away. I also agree with mfleetwood on getting some close ups on where the cutting was done.