GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Threaded View

Sr. Apprentice

Default reintroduction...

:I joined a while back when looking up info on a possible tpi change over. Not sure where to post as I did so much to my 89 4x4 GMC suburban. It started out a simple motor change and spray paint job...

Well it became a bit more. Every nut and bolt on this thing was rusted, broken, or garbage. Example a simple set of new bushings resulted in an entire 2.5" lift kit from bad springs. Changed a fender,entire grill, rebuild headlight assembly on one side as a result of a previous accident somewhere along the line of this things history. Completely stripped the interior and changed to gray from brown. As the truck is green/black. I did the plastic in black and left the soft gray with a bit of green highlights. As well as some aluminum in places.(can't get away from aluminum from racing days) I built an overhead console to house a 24"LCD TV to work with an Xbox and with hotspotting from my phone? One could not only watch movies but passengers could play online gaming while driving down the road. This thing has been triple the work and ten times the cost I had once figured.

Now I'm ready to fire the new motor and I stayed with the tbi for its dependability. Sorry to say but after everything else that has gone wrong on this thing? The tbi wont spray for no apparent reason. I'm just sick about it. So much time and effort on this thing and it wont fire.

I'll try to load a pic or two.
    Last edited by TMAL1; 03-14-2012 at 06:41 PM.