GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Name That Truck

Legend

Blog Entries

My wife named my truck Big Red

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Mine's Black Betty, course I just call her Betty. Kinda started with my GPS a few years back. My wife was an Aviation Electronics Technician- O level who worked on the Legacy F/A-18C's. In the aircraft, there's a computer that gives the pilots verbal warnings (altitude, collision, Radar lock-ons, etc...) that the crews lovingly referred to as Bitchin Betty. Well, as my GPS had a habit of "recalculating" my route, always bitchin at me, it became known as Bitchin Betty as well (was usin the female aussie voice). Not long after I bought the '10 Sierra, the song "Black Betty" came on and my GPS Recalculated...Name's stuck ever since.
    Kinda goes without sayin that my truck's a girl. Mainly because she's always wearin her black dress, she likes expensive things, and she can be fickle if I don't treat her right. Of course, she always gets me home and turns a few heads in the process!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

You dont want to know what i call mine when i pull up to the Gas pump.
    2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio

OH Goody, another Pickem up truck dripping with Chrome Crap!

Sr. Mechanic

Some friends named it purple rain when I first got it. Now, after the mods, it's purple pain.
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3, Rancho 4", 18x9 XD Addicts, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grappler m/t's, Westin brush guard, Go Rino steps, Truxedo lo pro cover, magnaflow, tow mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by ljmueller View Post
    Some friends named it purple rain when I first got it. Now, after the mods, it's purple pain.
    Too funny!

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I responded with a suggestion to help you name your truck because my truck's name has yet to come to me. (All of my vehicles tend to name themselves in due time .. something happens, a name gets used, and it sticks. It's that simple.)
    Yes thank you for the suggestion SurrealOne. Given my addiction to accessorizing her, I'm thinking of calling her "savings drainer".

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drake_korthos View Post
    Mine's Black Betty, course I just call her Betty. Kinda started with my GPS a few years back. My wife was an Aviation Electronics Technician- O level who worked on the Legacy F/A-18C's. In the aircraft, there's a computer that gives the pilots verbal warnings (altitude, collision, Radar lock-ons, etc...) that the crews lovingly referred to as Bitchin Betty. Well, as my GPS had a habit of "recalculating" my route, always bitchin at me, it became known as Bitchin Betty as well (was usin the female aussie voice). Not long after I bought the '10 Sierra, the song "Black Betty" came on and my GPS Recalculated...Name's stuck ever since.
    Kinda goes without sayin that my truck's a girl. Mainly because she's always wearin her black dress, she likes expensive things, and she can be fickle if I don't treat her right. Of course, she always gets me home and turns a few heads in the process!
    So if her full name is Black Betty, is her nick name BB?

Legend

Blog Entries

When I first got my truck, she started off with the same name as my wife's so that I would never mix one up with the other. That lasted for about a day as my wife was not happy about it nor did she think it was funny. The idea still makes me laugh though.

I also tried to do the same thing with our cat when she first got it.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    i also tried to do the same thing with our cat when she first got it.
    thats too funny!

2003 single cab stepside Chev 1500, 6" rough coutnry lift, 4' firestick cb whips, cobra ltd cb radio.
    Next mods: flowmaster 10series muffler and exhaust (in process)
    1.5" zone body lift
    315/70r16 cooper stt once the 305s wear out

Sold-1996 Audi A4 lowered on H&R ultra low coils running 19" mercedes wheels, limo tint, borla exhaust
    New ride 96 VW jetta lowered 2.0l 5 spd

Names may have started from when horses and mules were used or carried over from ships and trains to airplanes , automobiles and trucks. Sure names where given to different types of machines of how they ran and brokedown. I drove a Mack with straight pipes that was turned wide open named Wild Thang, An old Ford truck that was sold between friends and I was OL Bess. my dads med.duty Dodge Big Red, Big Bruiser a big 4x4 Ford. The old International I drive now OH U Bi###!