GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Nice trailer! Ever consider air bags with an onboard compressor?

I have pulled Cars on trailers, and cement mixers, moved piano's....etc

Quote Originally Posted by zigger215 View Post
    Nice trailer! Ever consider air bags with an onboard compressor?
    I definitely want to do something to it because although its really heavy, the motor can still handle it. But i have the air shocks already in it and not sure how to go about it. I'm not about to put any money into yet until i fix some other problems with it, but i want to look into some kind of upgrade to the suspension for when I'm ready.
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

I mostly tow my buddy's 20ft. Triton bass boat. He takes me fishing for free, and puts the gas in the boat. The trade-off is I tow.

I think it's a good deal. I'll have to try and get a picture of it to post up here.
    Matt

usually just tow a little 10 foot trailer for moving stuff, sometimes ill hook up the car trailer and tow my brothers F250 up to silver lake when im in michigan.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Mosty regularly i tow my little trailer that can fit 3 dirtbikes in. My dad has a 26' camper trailer that i have borrowed a few times and i have a buddy with a huge trailer we use for hauling cars and trucks. Not sure of the size of his trailer but i do know its big and my truck works a little to tow that monster. I have only towed it a few times with my truck when he wasnt available to tow with his 3500 dually cummins

Mud Truck
    1984 Chevy K5 Blazer
    -454 Edelbrock V8
    -33" BFG Mud Tires

Daily Driver
    2006 Chevy Silverado K1500 LT Z71 - 5.3 V8
    -Bull Bar
    -Step Bars
    -Flowmaster 40 with dual tailpipes
    -Smoked Tails

Ive towed my Charger to the track although it wasn't neccesary i wanted to see how it felt .....

Blog Entries

All this week I've been moving vehicles around for people moving to college, pays pretty well too. I hate using my truck for work, but hey...these guys pay for my gas, any maintenance required while I'm working for them too so it's a pretty good deal.

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, there is no need to embarrass him."

2012 Silverado 1500 Texas Edition 4x4 LT skid plate, 5000k 55W low beams with DRL fuse removed, 5000k 35W fog lamps.

Leveling kit and tires coming soon.

Leaving for boot camp at MCRDSD 20121008.

Before I post a pic I'd like to know what to expect from my 07 Sierra 1500 with a 4.8L regular cab and 2wd when it comes to towing a 2400 lbs trailer with a 2800 lbs car on it so lets say up to 5500 lbs. the most. can my truck handle this job?
    * My post are intended for entertainment purposes only and should not be taken serious unless I'm posting in the Buy/Sell section of this board and all opinions are that of mine ONLY.

My Yukon at work for the fam, summer (2012).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	43866

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast