GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default What do you TOW with your Chevy Truck / SUV?

We did this in the past, but now that we have a TOWING section on here (again) let's get a new list of the toys and trailers that you haul on a regular basis with your rig.

I'm only guilty of towing a 6x8 utility trailer around town and to the dump from time to time. The wife and I are talking about getting a trailer this year (or next) so we can get out of the heat in the summer and head up to the mountains to do some camping.

This is the best trailer I've ever owned.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Wow, this thread seems to have attracted a lot of non-member attention... I'm the only member viewing it along with 19 guests right now. Thats a good thing for bringing traffic to the club.

Now, on to my towing. The only trailer I have is my 14ft. utility trailer. It's built pretty strong for a trailer that size though and can easily haul a small car. I brought my Spitfire home on it, and my friend borrowed it to move a Ford Tempo. It also gets used for hauling quads and landscaping stuff in the summer.

With my F350 though, I expect it will end up on bobcat duty this summer once I'm back at work... but thats only because the bobcat is a bit heavy for the Avalanche...

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

With my Truck, I Tow my Sanger DXII Tournament Ski Boat,

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

I'd like to say I tow my Glastron 19' Ski boat with my truck, but I havent had the boat in the water for 2 years.
    I also tow a 22' car trailer with the odd car/truck/bike on it or me and my grandaughters dirtbikes or go carts.

Sometimes a trailer with a John Deere tractor, sometimes a 20ft Bullet XD, 19 ft Allison, and a duck boat usually.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

1974 Manatee was used as a game warden boat in its early years i rebuilt it for fishing

Default Just a little trailer with a little car...

I tow an 18ft open trailer, drop axles, wood deck. About 2,000lbs. Then add the 02 Z06 at about 3,100lbs. Throw about 400lbs in the bed. Add driver and luggage and cooler up front. 6,500lbs not including driver.

06 1500 w/Z71 3.5L. Upgraded Class IV trailer hitch, spring helpers.

Tows just fine and averages 12-13mpg on the highway. Mostly flat land towing. Sometimes over mountains, it doesn't like that much, but does it. Like that trip to Watkins Glen.

Also towed a 01 Merc Grand Marquis up from FL. That's about a 4,500lb car. Didn't do bad.

2006 Chevy Silverado, 5.3L, Z71, Extended Cab. Tow Mule.
    2002 Chevy Corvette Z06, 5.7L, Slightly Modded. Tow Payload.
    2005 Craftsman Riding Mower, 17hp, light mods.

Default I pull a little trailer...

!!Camper!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2148small.jpg  
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    Wow, this thread seems to have attracted a lot of non-member attention... I'm the only member viewing it along with 19 guests right now. Thats a good thing for bringing traffic to the club.

Now, on to my towing. The only trailer I have is my 14ft. utility trailer. It's built pretty strong for a trailer that size though and can easily haul a small car. I brought my Spitfire home on it, and my friend borrowed it to move a Ford Tempo. It also gets used for hauling quads and landscaping stuff in the summer.

With my F350 though, I expect it will end up on bobcat duty this summer once I'm back at work... but thats only because the bobcat is a bit heavy for the Avalanche...
    I think my little trailer looks like a wimp now.

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    With my Truck, I Tow my Sanger DXII Tournament Ski Boat,

Hmmmm, that gives me some ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by jake's silverado View Post
    !!Camper!!
    ok, I'm drooling now because of this.

I'll be towing a 1996 Sportsmen 23' travel trailer with my yet to arrive 2012 GMC Sierra 1500

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Titan and Trailer 003.jpg 
Views:	840 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	36415Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Titan and Trailer 001.jpg 
Views:	822 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	36416Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Titan and Trailer 002.jpg 
Views:	837 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	36417
    Richard (Winnipeg, MB Canada) - 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4x2 (Carbon Black Metallic) -Z71 - 5.3 L V8 - 3.42's
    Leer 100R truck cap; Chrome clad aluminum wheels (18"); custom cat-back dual side exits (4" diameter Magnaflow SS tips) exhaust system with Magnaflow muffler (18"); Cloud Rider stainless steel grill overlay

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by