GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Just an update

Red face Just an update

Hey all been a while since I was online.

• Removed and returned CORSA dBExhaust system...was too much drone (for me) and put stock back on=
    • Nerf Steps are holding up and look great.
    • Received 1st free-certified oil/oil filter change from GM.
    • Chevy replaced a defective speaker under warranty.
    • They have been working on the cab noise...ordered "some parts" and will do something next week??
    • Ordered and installed the remote-start= VERY COOL.
    • Getting a below the bed-rail tool box this weekend.

Guess that's it

2011 1500 Silverado LT, 4x4/Z71
    K&N, Chrome Nerfs, Run Lucas Oil fuel treatment,
    DB-CORSA cat-back system (received). :great:

Sounds like you've been busy with some noise management. I'm always on the lookout for some more quiet.

2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

You have definitely been busy but it's always worth it when you have a fine Chevy like we have. You have a very nice truck man, keep up the good work.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

as far as the remote start goes. I have heard that all new GM vehicles come prewired with remote start. You just have to tell the dealer that you want it, they call GM with some kind of code, GM ships you the new remotes then the dealer somehow unlocks the remote start and you are good to go. It will incorporate features like rear defrost, heated seats, and heated mirrors. Here are are two threads concerning it:

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...tart-from-ebay

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...-starter/page2

Sorry, I realized after I posted that you said that you already installed your remote start.
    Last edited by Pikey; 03-29-2012 at 10:14 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Master Mechanic

Sorry to hear the exhaust didn't work out as planned, will you continue looking or just stick with stock? I can imagine that if you have cab noise + an exhaust then drone can be intensified, no? I've been reading that some people have been complaining about cab noise on the crew cabs because of the location of the vents so it's good that GM will attempt to correct the issue. Definitely let us know how it works out for you. Remote start is definitely a bonus! I like to start mine to give it a minute or two to warm up. Bummer about the speaker too, but cool that you got it fixed. Hopefully your not getting too frustrated with the truck yet, it sure is a beauty!

Thanks for the update. You've been busy. Keep us posted on how the noise management works out. Quiet inside is always good. Quiet inside and nice rumble outside is even better.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp