GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: battery

Default battery

.So i need a new battery any suggestions? Thinking about a interstate

Interstates are excellent battries but very expensive. I just replaced both of mine and went with the AC Delco as this is what came with my truck. Lasted five years so I could not complain and justify paying over twice as much for the interstates. just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    .So i need a new battery any suggestions? Thinking about a interstate
    Would you like suggesttions on flooded, gel, or AGM batteries? (Please state whichever one you intend to use rather than 'all'.) I ask because the fact that a manufacturer does one type well doesn't mean it does more than one type, well -- so knowing which you intend to use becomes important.

I may get flamed a little for this but I have been buying the Walmart Everstart Maxx for my vehicles. 9 year prorated and 5 year free replacement and only $75. My land rover got the one with 1000CCA in norcal (but in socal its only 884, yep they make a norcal battery and a socal battery). Thats the only one I have replaced but that one is always sitting. the one I have on it now sat almost 2 years and had plenty of juice still for cranking. the other vehicles had those put in when the other brands died in them (not a single problem so far, but couldnt tell you off the top of my head how old they are). obviously these arent deep cycle etc for winching and special needs type so dont know how they work for that type of abuse.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

i have no problems with wall mart batteries, they have yet to fail me. I try to put delcos back in had the original in my 03 and just replaced it this winter.

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)