GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new headlights

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I had to find out for myself -- despite all I'd read in advance. I'm like that with some things.

Also, I think Denali lights use a pair of 9005 bulbs per headlight-- which are 65W high beam bulbs. That's 10W more per bulb than the 9006 low beam bulbs, which means a bit more amperage to the stock low beam wiring. Food for thought.
    That's true - but it shouldn't be enough of an extra load to cause problems. I'm certain the Denalis of that generation used the exact same wiring as the normal trucks. Also, the high beams run the exact same gauge of wiring and are powered through an identical relay as the low beams so if the high beam wiring can handle a 65W bulb, the low beam wiring will do just as well.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    That's true - but it shouldn't be enough of an extra load to cause problems. I'm certain the Denalis of that generation used the exact same wiring as the normal trucks. Also, the high beams run the exact same gauge of wiring and are powered through an identical relay as the low beams so if the high beam wiring can handle a 65W bulb, the low beam wiring will do just as well.
    Yup. Gotta buy more bulbs.

well guys ive been searching once again ALOT! and basically what is come down to is the set of depo projectors are APPARENTLY very reputable, if you goolge them you will find lots of good reviews, and the reason for this is because depo makes the denali assembly for the yukons and they apparently incorporated the entire assembly for our 99-02 trucks as well, and many people say they but off an awesome beam pattern too, with exceptional highs, i believe i saw a thread at fullsizechevy with pictures also, and they seemed decent...
    and surrealone i also recently found that there is a hid reflector housing made for our trucks....
    google...
    xenarc x2020 hid
    apparently these are the best thing out there, only problem is im not willing to pay $450.00 :/ im sure some of yall might be more inclined to pay that price but as far me, just a few weeks shy of my 21st, i havent the financial stability for a payment like that on headlights lol
    im thinking ill snap some pictures tonight of my headlights to show yall just how my lights have been for the past year and a half as well, but im seriously considering the depo projectors, although i will still immaturely admit i will miss my halos, they really do look sweet on my truck!!! i think at least, but thats all that matters right? but still for the lighting tradeoff its just too much to risk.

oh and heres my most descriptive pot i had about them too, and a glimpse of what they look like for the most part...
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-these-lights
    also in this post it links to my thread where you can see a picture of my lights and halos at night, kinda of cut off by the brush guard though...

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...oof-cab-lights
    Last edited by reggiecab2000; 03-19-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    and surrealone i also recently found that there is a hid reflector housing made for our trucks....
    google... xenarc x2020 hid
    apparently these are the best thing out there, only problem is im not willing to pay $450.00
    Looks like only 99-02 Chevy trucks; nothing for Sierras. :( Nice find, though. I'll add that to the 'demystified' thread. Good luck with the Depo projectors.

well damn surreal,
    i guess i got carried away and didnt realize your truck was different than mine...
    yeah i will keep looking for sure but i found these depos all over around $200.00 but get this.... $120.00 at SEARS!
    who would've thought sears sells these lol
    i have learned that it is best to listen to people with experience, as they are your best opinion out there! so hopefully anyone with questions about these kinds of lights, reads threads like ours lol

While I'm not sure about paying for the retro fit, if they start making kits specifically for my 09, I'd definitely consider spending the money to ensure it's done correctly. That link gave me some hope at least. I didn't see anything on the site for the NBS, but I may have missed it too. I'll check again later.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12