GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Exhaust modifications!! 2012 Silverado Crew Cab

Hey guys,
    I posted a while ago looking for suggestions on what dual exhaust to get for my 2010 silverado crew cab.
    Well, I ended up going with the mbrp pro series cat back system. I've had it on for a few weeks now, and I'm just not completely satisfied with it. I was hoping it would have been louder. I was looking for something that's really loud and has a nice aggressive tone to it.
    I don't have a lot of money to spend anymore on it, but is there anything I can do for not too much money to make it louder and give it a nice rumble? Any suggestions are appreciated!

10 series flowmaster. I run one on the stock pipe but have it turn out in front of the rear tire and tons of my friends are trying to go to that set up now, which ruins it for me
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    10 series flowmaster. I run one on the stock pipe but have it turn out in front of the rear tire and tons of my friends are trying to go to that set up now, which ruins it for me
    ^ Go with that just put it on my 03 duals out the back sounds awesome!

2003 single cab stepside Chev 1500, 6" rough coutnry lift, 4' firestick cb whips, cobra ltd cb radio.
    Next mods: flowmaster 10series muffler and exhaust (in process)
    1.5" zone body lift
    315/70r16 cooper stt once the 305s wear out

Sold-1996 Audi A4 lowered on H&R ultra low coils running 19" mercedes wheels, limo tint, borla exhaust
    New ride 96 VW jetta lowered 2.0l 5 spd

Can anyone take video with sound and post it to give us that on site feeling?
    That would be so cool to post your trucks tone
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Probably some youtube videos out there if one searches.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Probably some youtube videos out there if one searches.
    Yes there are a bunch of you tube ones but I was hoping to see what the members trucks sound like. Especially after reading about one person who bought a new system then was displeased with the sound he got. Hopefully this will help others make that decision before finding out the hard way.

Ill grab a pic and some sounds clips of it after work tonight. Its really aggressive when I lay into the pedal

hey you can now go to the coffee shop and look at "truck tones" to get more ideas

Ill try to get a video up on here soon of my truck. Maybe then i can compare it to others and see how it sounds.
    I had originally wanted a flowmaster, but after doing some research i thought i liked the mbrp. I really dont wanna change the muffler but maybe i should.
    Do you just have one 10 series muffler splitting off into two pipes, or is it dual mufflers too?

I just have a single 10 series 1in 2 out and then two L bends right after the muffler, I'm trying to get access to a welder and I'm going to remove the resonator with a 3 inch pipe since that what the pipe is in that spot on the stock exhaust anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by