GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Do I have to first remove my door window in order to take out the vent frame window??

I am replacing the rubber seals and repainting the vent frames and I wasn't sure if I could remove the vent frames with the windows still in place??? Thanks guys. Been a while since I've been on...my 89 is nearly done. Just a few more "punch out" items and it will be complete!

Come on fellas...someone has done this before....thanks.

Legend

Blog Entries

I can check a few websites and other resources for you if provide more info about your vehicle....you have a 1989 what?

Or, if you want, you can check an online Chilton's manual. Link is on post #61.

Sorry, I wish I had the answer for you.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...lton-site-link
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 03-21-2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: correction on post #

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Oh, sorry, it is for my 89 suburban 1500. Thanks.

Legend

Blog Entries

Ok...try this link. It should get you close to the info you are looking for, but you may have to scroll through a few pages to find it.

Also, pasted a diagram so you can see what all the parts are and where they are located. Not sure if that will be helpful, but it is about the best info I could find right now.

http://www.chiltonlibrary.com/Conten...aspx?ca=Repair

Last edited by mfleetwood; 03-21-2012 at 11:13 AM.

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Thanks for the info bro. You have always been helpful to me. I am close to having the burban done. You probably remember it. It was the all black one with the 6" lift. I have a bunch of pics in older posts...anyway, thanks for the info.

Joe

Legend

Blog Entries

You're welcome Joe. Yes, now I remember....it's been a few months. You had (have) a ton going on with your Burb. In fact, I think I remember saying your user name stemmed from you sanding your Burb so much?!. Glad to see you're still checking in from time to time. I can't wait to see the pics of how it looks now.

TIRES:

Yes, the main window has to come out first
    Joseph

Airforce Veteran (7 years)

NRA Life Member