GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

just read thru the whole thing aswell.

and i gotta say man, nice ride, between the simple mods like tint, the tonneau, and ditchin the air dam; and the more expensive ones like the leveling kit, the headlights, and the denali grille, it's all come together great and you have a very clean, sharp lookin ride!

a simple way to spice it up under the hood thats inexpensive is to color match your fan shroud, engine cover, and fuse box. I think the white will look great and really stand out visually under there.

My Truck is Dark Forest Green and Silver Two Tone, and opposed to going chrome i went with predominantly black mods to give it a Darker, and bear with me here ~ tougher appearance lol.
    But liking the way the Red Z on the Z71 sticker stood out i decided to go with red as an accent color, which is what color i chose to paint my under hood plastics. Sometimes a multi color scheme can look really good, as long as you dont go over board. Just somethin to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by barefoot greg View Post
    just read thru the whole thing aswell.

and i gotta say man, nice ride, between the simple mods like tint, the tonneau, and ditchin the air dam; and the more expensive ones like the leveling kit, the headlights, and the denali grille, it's all come together great and you have a very clean, sharp lookin ride!

a simple way to spice it up under the hood thats inexpensive is to color match your fan shroud, engine cover, and fuse box. I think the white will look great and really stand out visually under there.

My Truck is Dark Forest Green and Silver Two Tone, and opposed to going chrome i went with predominantly black mods to give it a Darker, and bear with me here ~ tougher appearance lol.
    But liking the way the Red Z on the Z71 sticker stood out i decided to go with red as an accent color, which is what color i chose to paint my under hood plastics. Sometimes a multi color scheme can look really good, as long as you dont go over board. Just somethin to remember.
    Thanks for all of you're input man! And thanks for reading through entire thread. I just did so myself and I guess my truck has changed alot since I bought it last March. Just seems alot more gradual when you drive it everyday. And I would like to perhaps spice up the hood a bit. I will drop a CAI in it this Spring or Summer, and might do something then. Sounds like something fun to do on a warm day while drinking a few beers haha. And about the multi color scheme, I decided just to go with a predominately white and black theme, like most people do. But I will PROMISE you all that I will NEVER go with anything other than chrome rims. No offense to anyone here but sometimes people ruin nice trucks by putting black rockstars or something on them. Guess I'm old fashioned.

@RadoRage Thank you for reading through everything and your compliments as well! I'm glad I could help you maybe find a sense of direction on how you want your truck to turn out. If you start modding, make a progress thread!

And here is a pic of my trucks new look again. Parked outside work next to a guy driving a 7.3. His might pull mine down the road but which looks better? haha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08jan13.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	47884
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Took a nice cold start exhaust video with a quick walkaround yesterday.

09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's

2000 Silverado Z71
    - Lots more to come!

sounds real mean dude!

i dig it!.. something you may want to do is throw some mudflaps at it, keep the paint nice around the wheel wells.

or not, its your truck :-P

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    sounds real mean dude!

i dig it!.. something you may want to do is throw some mudflaps at it, keep the paint nice around the wheel wells.

or not, its your truck :-P

Alex
    Thanks Alex. Decided to take the vid cause I like how she purrs on these cold Ohio days ;)

And I never even thought about mudflaps. Might put some on the truck during these nasty winters months, take them off in spring/summer.
    09 Sierra SLT

2000 Silverado Z71
    - Lots more to come!

We FINALLY had our first warm day this year here in Ohio, so I installed my K&N 77 series cold air intake system and a Volant vortice throttle body spacer. I've only driven the truck about 3 miles since the install, but I can defintely feel more throttle response so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0214.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	51274
    09 Sierra SLT

2000 Silverado Z71
    - Lots more to come!

looks nice. ive been toying with getting the air aid modular intake tube rather then doing a full CAI.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Just some updates. I've had the k&n intake on for about a month now and I really like it. I can notice the more reactive throttle response and it brings my exhaust to life a little more and let's it roar a bit deeper. I also seems like i picked up about .2 mpg so that's a plus.

I bought a set of 305/55r20 Toyo Open Country A/T's today off Craigslist for $400. They have about 65% tread left so that's not too bad of a deal. Gonna get them put on sometime soon but I am debating on adding 1.5" wheel spacers to give the truck a wider stance. Also, I plan on having to do some trimming my wheel wells for these to fit, I'm not ready to lift just yet.

usally wheel spacers are a bad idea, hard on wheel bearings and such.

Alex

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast