GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Ha. I like to pick on her a bit (weve been married for 9 years), but I cant complain as I've gotten quite a few upgrades. She usually rolls her eyes then tells me to get it if I want. Then I know if I do I have to make sure to bring flowers, dinner, gifts (im sure you get the idea). Thats why I just put an in dash nav system in her car, that way I can say "but look what I just got for your car". Ahhhh the married life
    That's funny David.....the reason I say this, Is I do the same-thing.....one time when I bought my wife some Flowers, She said What Did You buy.....(that Power tool you were talking about)......and I said no.....then she said what did you Buy......I said I Bought a New Truck....and she then Said.....YOU BOUGHT A NEW TRUCK (Very Loud).......I said Yes.....and she then Said Well it's about TIME...........Like you said Ahhh, the Married Life......

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Ha. dont think I'm that brave. I figure someones gotta keep me in line, and she does a pretty good job.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Ha. dont think I'm that brave. I figure someones gotta keep me in line, and she does a pretty good job.
    I agree, on needed someone to keep me in line.......for me my Wife is the Best...... .......and I don't know what I would do without her.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 09-05-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Legend

Blog Entries

Bump.....

Great info & thread, especially since Summer is right around the corner; warmer weather, towing, campers, off-roading, road-trips, etc...this info will come in handy for some. Thanks Mike!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Definitely worth a bump. I'd probably not have read this deep into the forum had it not been for the bump and it's a great one to read. I don't tow much right now, but I'm hoping that changes either this year or next. I'm going to have to look at doing something similar. Anything to ensure my tranny stays with me as long as possible.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Legend

Blog Entries

I just ordered over the weekend and look forward to seeing some great results....I'll post the numbers after my first couple of trips to the mountains.

Legend

Blog Entries

Ok...I finally got it installed. I can't wait for the heat to get here and see the results. Thanks Mike for the write up and help!!!

Mike,

Do you know the rating of the stock tranny cooler?

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Mike,

Do you know the rating of the stock tranny cooler?

I'm not sure...Mike 99Heartbeat may know though. I know my stock one was tiny and am surprised it helped cool the tranny at all. So far, my tranny is running about 30 to 35 degrees cooler.

Thanks,
    I've been thinking of installing one in my Tahoe to help keep her tranny running strong and long. The details are in my poorly named tread skid plates in the Tahoe forum.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by