GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Ive been checking on Ebay and can find the exact one i need...but maybe im blind

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2009 View Post
    Sounds good...i heard its pretty hard to do but maybe i heard wrong??
    The only nervous part I had of install was cutting the hard line to install a compression fitting. I had a tubing cutting in my tool box and it made short clean work of it. The hard lines slide and clip into the OEM cooler and new EAD fittings. I just looked at the new fittings for a few minutes to figure the clips out. A small screwdriver popped them right out. Very easy! If you are using the bypass, you will be using rubber hose to connect.
    I also purchased the bypass with the TruCool, but I did not install it. I read somewhere that my 2008 with the HD tow package may have an internal bypass. I also just replaced the OEM cooler with the TruCool so the fluid will run through the radiator first anyway. I guess when the cold weather arrives I'll find out if I need it. Seeing as my truck is a "garage queen" for most of the winter I don't forsee a problem.
    If you have any problems feel free to contact me, or 99, or mfleet.

Charlie
    XS ive1:(^^^)
    2008 Silverado Crew LTZ Southern Comfort conversion
    SoCo cat back duals
    Volant CAI
    6" Pro-Comp lift
    ARE cap with Yakima rack system (winter)
    GM Hard tri-fold tonneau (summer)
    GM rear wheel liners

XS ive2:(avatar)
    2014 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Z71 6.6 DMax/Allison
    6.5" BDS 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LineX/wheel liners/OEM tube steps/sunroof/slider/mirrors/Nav/cablights/trifold tonneau

Getting the toys to the track with a 2007 Roadmaster 7X12 V-Nose 7k tandem "Mobile Man Cave".

Ive been checking on Ebay and can find the exact one i need...but maybe im blind
    Here's one (40k Cooler)with the Thermal Bypass, there's better pricing on the 40k,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSMISSION...item5894a85773

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

TruCool Max LPD47391 (without bypass)
    TruCool max LPD4739 (with bypass)

I see 99 is a faster typer! lol

How would i know if i have the HD Towing package??...it gets pretty cold up here in Iowa in the winter and those early morning hunting trips are quite chilly,maybe i should get the bypass?

If you have the OEM trans cooler, you have the tow package. I'm not sure if that has a bypass though.
    I believe the bypass is for applications which completely bypass the radiator. Maybe someone can shed some light on that?
    Last edited by XS ive; 07-23-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: more info.

I do have the OEM cooler

Quote Originally Posted by XS ive View Post
    If you have the OEM trans cooler, you have the tow package. I'm not sure if that has a bypass though.
    I believe the bypass is for applications which completely bypass the radiator. Maybe someone can shed some light on that?
    Mfleetwood answered that earlier in the thread. To wit, he said:
    Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    If your vehicle came with a tow package (at least for the NNBS), it comes with bypass. If your vehicle does not have a bypass already, you can purchase one with the cooler. I had the same question/concern when I was looking into.

Hope that helps...

I just got the cooler and mounting kit. How long did it take you all to install yours? Just wondering how much time I should set aside.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    I just got the cooler and mounting kit. How long did it take you all to install yours? Just wondering how much time I should set aside.
    It took me around an Hour and 15mins, from start to finish, I would say give yourself at leased 2 hours, Mfleetwood and XS live would be able to give you a much better time fame, as to how long your going to need to do the install....as all of you have NNBS Trucks....

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... Last Post byLast Post by