GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    I just got the cooler and mounting kit. How long did it take you all to install yours? Just wondering how much time I should set aside.
    You'll likely get yours done well before me since I'm traveling for work across the next two weeks. If you don't mind I may ping you for insight/assistance after your install, as you have a flaring tool and I do not?

With the kit from EAD it doesn't look like a flaring kit is needed. The compression fitting takes the place of needing to flare the tube.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Excellent!

But I may use a better quality compression fitting. I have use Swagelock fittings for years and like the way they work better than the ones sent with the mounting kit.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Correct. No need to flare with compression fitting. You likely will not need the lower bracket either as you may have a welded in angled steel piece you can use to bolt the mounting flange to.
    I did the install in 2 stages and would estimate a total of 2.5 hours needed to complete from hood opening to closing. The first stage was removing everything, and the second was the install. I am pretty anal though and will look at things and pre-fit, then adjust, then think, then repeat several times before I consider anything "done". And everything must be cleaned/waxed before being re-installed!
    Last edited by XS ive; 07-27-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Charlie
    XS ive1:(^^^)
    2008 Silverado Crew LTZ Southern Comfort conversion
    SoCo cat back duals
    Volant CAI
    6" Pro-Comp lift
    ARE cap with Yakima rack system (winter)
    GM Hard tri-fold tonneau (summer)
    GM rear wheel liners

XS ive2:(avatar)
    2014 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Z71 6.6 DMax/Allison
    6.5" BDS 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LineX/wheel liners/OEM tube steps/sunroof/slider/mirrors/Nav/cablights/trifold tonneau

Getting the toys to the track with a 2007 Roadmaster 7X12 V-Nose 7k tandem "Mobile Man Cave".

Thanks @XS ive. I am the same way. I hope to be able to knock this out next week while it is cooler out.

I have a little money left this summer and this moved to the top of my list since a couple weeks ago I was driving the truck, going through Corona about 113 outside and stop and go traffic. temp got to about 210 and only got back down to a hair under 200 once we started actually driving like you are supposed to on a highway.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Okay so where does one get the EAD mounting hardware?

And does a 2011 1500 even need it?
    2011 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
    LED Dome light
    LED Floor lights
    RC Leveling kit
    Tow Mirrors Custom LED running/signal lights
    BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover

Quote Originally Posted by Jaele View Post
    Okay so where does one get the EAD mounting hardware?

And does a 2011 1500 even need it?
    PM Time2Kill on the performancetrucks.net forums and inquire about it. (Here's a thread worth reading all of: http://tinyurl.com/ppuv88y.) You'll need to pay via paypal ... unless he's not got his NNBS test fitting done, in which case you may still be able to get a freebie.

Is it NEEDED? No, you can make your own mounts and plumb the new cooler to the existing cooler lines as you see fit. Does it save a lot of time and is it worth the cash if you either can't fabricate your own or don't want to? Absolutely.

I know @aloxdaddy99 used it (or portions of it) on his 2011 Sierra 1500... so maybe he can speak to the functionality of it on a 2011 NNBS.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 05-25-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Awesome thank @SurrealOne
    2011 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
    LED Dome light
    LED Floor lights
    RC Leveling kit
    Tow Mirrors Custom LED running/signal lights
    BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast