GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any body heard of this company

http://www.volfenhagaudio.com/woof_pg/woofer_hps.html

2 10" subs came with my truck. I checked the prices for them, Amazon has them for $70 each. They sound good in my cab. I need to comb through the audio system and update some things. Nothings worse than to have a decent head unit, two amps, a crossover, 2 subs, and 4 blown speakers providing the mids and tweets. I was thinking of getting the 4x6's for my blown ones.

I've not heard of them. They look cool, but I can't say much else. SurrealOne, EnkeiAvalanche, or Zigger15 would be some of my first bets on who could give you a more detailed answer. (Hopefully I spelled Enki's name correctly. I'm tired and didn't want to look it up, lol)
    Last edited by Jeremy09LTZCrew; 03-29-2012 at 12:19 AM.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Actually I have heard of them! A friend of mine had a set of 12" subs in the back of his Honda CRX a few years ago. They sounded pretty dang good IMO! He picked his up with an amp for 150$ at a liquidation type deal at Ector county coliseum. I will vouch that they hit pretty hard!!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

They do sound very good. I am happy with them, I am just debating if I should go with there 4x6 for the other speakers in my ride or the infinitys I saw at Cartoys. I have used the infinitys before and they sounded great.

Subs: Not so hard to make sound good

Any other speaker: I'd say stick to a well-known brand lol.

I've always been partial to Infinity door speakers (not so much their subs even though they weren't really disappointing) myself, so IMO.. the way to go.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

The Subs are a Flea Market brand I've seen them only in Lower end stores But as said above Any Sun given the right power and enclosure will sound good.. As for speakers What truck do you have? 4x6's never had a Great sound. You can get 4x6 Plates (4in with tweeter on a 4x6 plate) Or most good 4in speakers come with a 4x6 plate to use. As for infinty's Never liked them.. Were like Pioneers too bright and harch.. Find a nice Focal,Jl Audio or Alpine. Are you going to power them?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Jr. Mechanic

I just read a few reviews on them that i found online, and from what Iv'e gathered they're a decent set to start out with but people have had their tweeters blow after alittle use. Like enkei said, they're more of a low end brand. I personally like kicker and have everything kicker in my truck, but thats just personal preferance.

I would also suggest getting a set of components up front instead of 4x6's. They sound much better. I have components in both the front and back of my truck and I can go down the highway doing 80mph with all the windows down and still hear every lyric crisp and clear. Only downside is that theyre a little more pricy than coaxials.
    2010 Red Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LT
    Blacked Out
    15% Tint all around
    22" KMC Slide Series Black Chrome Rims
    305/45/22R Nitto Dune Grappler Tires
    ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    K&N CAI
    IPCW Black Halo Projector LED Headlights
    IPCW Black Third brake Light
    IPCW Black LED Taillights
    Street Scene Front Bumper Valance
    Street Scene Black Chrome Grille
    Black Bowties
    Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
    Alpine Touchscreen Headunit
    4 Kicker RS Componet Speakers
    Kicker 12" L7 subwoofer w/ Kicker ZX1500.1 Amplifier

Thanks for the info guys. If there are adapter plates out there to convert 4x6 to 4'' speakers then that is the way I will go. I already have a pair of infinity 4'' from my last truck that were used for a few months. Now I have to look at the power output of the amp I have installed.

Thanks for the shout out Jeremy!!! Wish I had something to add but the bases have been covered on this thread and I have nothing new or different to say...I second focal as great mid and high speakers!!

The owner of that company is on the ecoustics site..he will tell you straight up that his stuff is entry level... he once said " remember if you blow the sub you only paid 79.00 for it and it wont be such a disaster." end quote...LOL

And he is german.....but the company is in Cali.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast